[Plugin] Import STL files

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby mariocha » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:28 pm

davidheim1 wrote:Didier,
It asks me for the name of a file to export to, but won't ever let me export anything.
David Heim

Same here. It happens with the one loaded from SketchUcation store.
But the one on CRAI Ruby depot, loaded the old way, manually, works.
0
Mario C.
Certified SketchUp Trainer, QC CA.
Every rule has exceptions, but some.
User avatar
mariocha 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby thomthom » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 pm

I recommend that anyone importing or exporting STL files in SketchUp use the open source plugin that SketchUp released: http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/sketchup-stl
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby frankleng » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:20 am

thomthom wrote:I recommend that anyone importing or exporting STL files in SketchUp use the open source plugin that SketchUp released: http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/sketchup-stl

very fast and good.thanks /
0

frankleng 
 

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby ntxdave » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:06 pm

I have used the AUTOINSTALL 3 times now to add this plugin in SU 2014 and it does not show up anywhere that I can find. The installation process says it was installed successfully but I can not find it anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem using the plugin with 2014?
0
User avatar
ntxdave 
 

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby TIG » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:37 pm

ntxdave wrote:I have used the AUTOINSTALL 3 times now to add this plugin in SU 2014 and it does not show up anywhere that I can find. The installation process says it was installed successfully but I can not find it anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem using the plugin with 2014?
This Plugin was started 9 years ago, and in this form it is 6 years old.
I unpacked it, did some very simple editing, and it worked in v2014 just fine.
BUT Didier as the author must make these changes and republish...
I suspect he won't want to support this any further... because Trimble now have their own newer [better?] STL Import/Export plugin - it is available free from the EWH...
Why not try that ?
http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/sketchup-stl
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby ntxdave » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:13 pm

TIG wrote:
ntxdave wrote:I have used the AUTOINSTALL 3 times now to add this plugin in SU 2014 and it does not show up anywhere that I can find. The installation process says it was installed successfully but I can not find it anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem using the plugin with 2014?
This Plugin was started 9 years ago, and in this form it is 6 years old.
I unpacked it, did some very simple editing, and it worked in v2014 just fine.
BUT Didier as the author must make these changes and republish...
I suspect he won't want to support this any further... because Trimble now have their own newer [better?] STL Import/Export plugin - it is available free from the EWH...
Why not try that ?
http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/sketchup-stl


Yes, when I saw that the other one was not showing up, I did go install this one. The whole 3D thing is new to me :)
0
User avatar
ntxdave 
 

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby BeePee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:48 am

I downloaded and see su2stl in my Loaded Plugins list, but it's not in the Loaded Extensions list.

How do I open and use this plugin? I can't see any toolbar button and it's not in any drop-down menu.

Thanks, BeePee
0

BeePee 
 

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby mariocha » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Should be under the Files menu : Export stl. Right under Import
0
Mario C.
Certified SketchUp Trainer, QC CA.
Every rule has exceptions, but some.
User avatar
mariocha 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby BeePee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:04 pm

I want to Imprt STL files with the specific plugin. Export is not a problem. I can Import with the standard plugin but it's not working, as explained. How do I access Import STL with this plugin su2stl.rb?
0

BeePee 
 

Re: [Plugin] Import STL files

Postby mariocha » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Ahg ! sorry, bad reading. :oops:
The answer is in the description of the plugin.
With this plugin, you’ll find STL as a supported format within SketchUp’s Import command. STL files will be imported to SketchUp as a group. ;)
0
Mario C.
Certified SketchUp Trainer, QC CA.
Every rule has exceptions, but some.
User avatar
mariocha 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

Previous


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fathariq18, krlos roca, twclkl and 13 guests

Visit our sponsors: