Joint Push Pull Classic (Old version) - v2.2a - 26 Apr 17

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby fredo6 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:40 pm

haynesc wrote:hi fredo ... would itbe possible for you to rewrite JPP so that it loads into your fredo collection folder? so that its a bit tidier ?

thanks

I will rework Joint Push Pull at some point.
In between, here is an updated version where menus are put in a submenu Joint Push Pull (both main and selection context menu).
I also integrated the bit of code for toolbar remanence on Mac.

Can someone test it before I update the main post. Thanks.

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby jeff hammond » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:54 pm

tested on mac.


the submenus work in both the main and context menus
the tools work
toolbar works and remembers it's status


thanks!
0
dotdotdot
User avatar
jeff hammond 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby putnik » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:04 am

tested on Windows XP SP3, SketchUp Pro 7 (latest)
everything works (as per previous post)
great plugin. Fredo6 for president.
0

putnik 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby Daniel S » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:05 am

Works well here too.
And then you need to reassign your shortcuts ;).

Daniel S
0

Daniel S 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby haynesc » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:58 pm

:berserk: thanks
0

haynesc 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby Bep » Sun May 24, 2009 9:24 pm

I have a question regarding joint push pull.
It is illustated by the skp file.
example.skp

I hope that i am doing something wrong, or that some of my settings are wrong.
It would be great if the desired outcome whould be possible

greetings ,

Bep van Malde
0
"History is written by the winners"
User avatar
Bep 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby fredo6 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:12 pm

Bep wrote:I have a question regarding joint push pull.
It is illustated by the skp file.
example.skp

I hope that i am doing something wrong, or that some of my settings are wrong.
It would be great if the desired outcome whould be possible

greetings ,

Bep van Malde

Bep,

I think you simply touch some of the limitations of JPP. I am afraid this is a pure geometrical problem.
Try to Push pull individually the faces by 2 cm, and then see how they can be connected 'jointly'. You'll see that there is no good solution.

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby mpowell1234567890 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:41 am

Hi, every time I try to use joint push-pull in sketchup, it creates a bugsplat and terminates sketchup 7. Is there a way to fix it?
0

mpowell1234567890 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby Bep » Mon May 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Fredo6 wrote:
Bep wrote:I have a question regarding joint push pull.
It is illustated by the skp file.
example.skp

I hope that i am doing something wrong, or that some of my settings are wrong.
It would be great if the desired outcome whould be possible

greetings ,

Bep van Malde

Bep,

I think you simply touch some of the limitations of JPP. I am afraid this is a pure geometrical problem.
Try to Push pull individually the faces by 2 cm, and then see how they can be connected 'jointly'. You'll see that there is no good solution.

Fredo


Thanks for answering ,its a pitty this dos not work :cry: (yet)

Bep
0
"History is written by the winners"
User avatar
Bep 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby pr0 » Wed May 27, 2009 1:50 am

I know that this question doesn't concern the joint push pull plugin - however i've noticed that certain geometry can be push - pulled in a very visual and intuitive way when concerning pure geometry. Is it possible to do the same with 3d splines? Except instead of push - pulling them you would offset them? Fredo and Chris Fullmer are probably the masters concerning sketchup plugins - so i was wondering Fredo, do you think it would be possible to create? here's the link to the forum where there are visual examples. Thanks in advance.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=19327&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p159966

-Sam
0

pr0 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby dondanev » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:41 am

hvala puno ako ko razume thanx
0

dondanev 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby rv1974 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:00 am

Hi Fredo!
I thought about some enhacement of the single face JPP. It should respect the adjacent faces (AB and CD keep their directions while BC is moving forward (example 2)). It works in revit and I think it would be great especially in architectiral practice.
P.S. Basicly instead of single BC face there could be any number of faces- it's all about vicinity treatment.
Thanks in advance
0

rv1974 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby JaViXP » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:16 pm

I have translated this plugin into Spanish, how can I change the default language?
0
"Giving up is way harder than trying"
JaViXP's Rendering

JaViXP 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby fredo6 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:59 pm

JaViXP wrote:I have translated this plugin into Spanish, how can I change the default language?


Normally you'll get the spanish version if your Windows or Mac system is in spanish.

To force the language, just create a file LibTraductor.def (or edit it if it already exists), and make sure the one line code is:
TRADUCTOR_DEFAULT = "ES"

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby JaViXP » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:12 pm

It displays an error for me, could you please do it? (JPP text is below)

Thanks :)
0
"Giving up is way harder than trying"
JaViXP's Rendering

JaViXP 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby magpie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:56 am

many thanks again fredo!
0

magpie 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby Patrickpr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Hy

What is this?

LibTraductor.def, an optional configuration file allowing override of language



i Have the german version
I can that not install :cry: :cry: :cry:
0

Patrickpr 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby fredo6 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Patrickpr wrote:Hy

What is this?

LibTraductor.def, an optional configuration file allowing override of language



i Have the german version
I can that not install :cry: :cry: :cry:

Patrick,

Unfortunately, JointPushPull is an old script and the translation must be done in the code of the script itself (line 29 to 168 of jointpushpull.rb).
The convention is to add the strings in the existing lists as "|DE| the text", being careful to put a \ before any accentuated or special character (and also careful with the Ruby syntax). Usually, I do it myself, based on translation provided by contributors in text files.

Fredo

PS: I plan a refresh of JPP one of these days, based on LibFredo6. Then the translation can be done in an easier way, like in FredoScale or HoverSelect, and in much more languages.
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby JaViXP » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:15 pm

That sounds cool :thumb:

I'll try to translate it into Spanish :)
0
"Giving up is way harder than trying"
JaViXP's Rendering

JaViXP 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby simon le bon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:49 am

Bonjour Fredo,

"Please help!"
I don't know why, JointPushPull doesn't close the borders anymore!!"Snarrgg" - - Even if I indicate in configuration menu "borders on external faces" (traduction~!). But it continues to close the sides when I indicate "Borders on all the faces"...


I don't think so because I had already made some tries but may be the version of LibTraductor.rb plays in this fail?
The one given in the zip package is 13 732 bytes 20/01/2008
and I use the recent one given with BezierSpline v121 : 19 331 bytes 07/07/2008

Or may be it is a cause from one of the plugins I have recently installed :?:

Please Fredo, what can you advise me. (I don't know nothing with ruby console, code etc..)

--simon.
0
User avatar
simon le bon 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby fredo6 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:28 am

Simon,

I don't think this is related to LibTraductor.
Normally, when you start up Sketchup, the default option is always to create the border faces.
Is this what you observe ?

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby simon le bon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:40 pm

Dear Fredo,
Thanks for replying.
JointPushPull is now a basic tool for me. To see it not working makes me nervous :mrgreen:
Here is a more complete report:
( it is more easy to me to explain in pictures )














What more test can I do?

--simon
0
User avatar
simon le bon 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby simon le bon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Cher Fredo,

I have finally found from where have coming the problem. In a sense it is reassuring because it's coming from you!!
I have searched over the last plugins I had installed, removing them one by one, to discover from where was coming the clash.

It's coming from two of them, and they are yours: ZLoader__FredoScale.rb and ZLoader__HoverSelect.rb

(And this can help: no problem with: ZLoader__OnSurface.rb >> JointPushPull works well)

I'm happy because i'm now sure you will find the hit...

:D simon.
0
Last edited by simon le bon on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
simon le bon 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby fredo6 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Simon,

Thanks.
Although this seems strange, I'll check where the conflict could be.
By the way, did you install LibFredo6 3.2a yet, or are you still running an earlier version?

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby fredo6 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Simon,

This has nothing to do with HoverSelect, but with LibFredo. The bug is more subtle than that: it is actually related to how SU and dialog boxes handle accentued characters in drop down controls.

It only exists in the French version of JPP, because of the text "Bordures sur les faces extérieures", which contains an accent.

As a result, any call to the dialog box via TAB would make the Border option void.

In any case, you can change all options using Function keys (F5 to toggle for Thickening, keep face, erase face) for instance, or via the Contextual menu. This works regardless of the above bug.

Attached is a quick fix to JPP (just removed the accent), but the real fix is in LibFredo. I simply need more time to make it and validate, as this is now shared in all my plugins.

Fredo

PS: Thanks to advise is OK
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby simon le bon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Héy Héy Héy !!!!

Merci so much Fredo,

Tout est Ok maintenant :lol:



And some shame on me -1) Not to have thought to download LibFredo6 3.2a last version. :oops: I was v3.1

-2)I also hadn't thougth to remove from SU\Plugins the previous LibFredo Directories !!


But at last it was not an unnecessary call to you because of this problem with accentuation..

PS: I had completely missed using Function keys and now I'm going to look at them better.

So much thanks for everything you do,
Simon.
0
User avatar
simon le bon 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby mpowell1234567890 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Cool, I noticed the the jointpushpull.rb attachement on this forum dated August 2nd. It is the updated version vurses the older version on the 1st page of this forum?

Fredo6 wrote:Simon,

This has nothing to do with HoverSelect, but with LibFredo. The bug is more subtle than that: it is actually related to how SU and dialog boxes handle accentued characters in drop down controls.

It only exists in the French version of JPP, because of the text "Bordures sur les faces extérieures", which contains an accent.

As a result, any call to the dialog box via TAB would make the Border option void.

In any case, you can change all options using Function keys (F5 to toggle for Thickening, keep face, erase face) for instance, or via the Contextual menu. This works regardless of the above bug.

Attached is a quick fix to JPP (just removed the accent), but the real fix is in LibFredo. I simply need more time to make it and validate, as this is now shared in all my plugins.

Fredo

PS: Thanks to advise is OK
0

mpowell1234567890 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby fredo6 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:19 pm

mpowell1234567890 wrote:Cool, I noticed the the jointpushpull.rb attachement on this forum dated August 2nd. It is the updated version vurses the older version on the 1st page of this forum?


It just fixes the problem signaled by Simon, which only deals with the French translation. There is no other change. So I am not sure you need to download it.
I'll publish soon an update to LibFredo6 to fix this bug.

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby mpowell1234567890 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:47 am

Fredo6 wrote:
mpowell1234567890 wrote:Cool, I noticed the the jointpushpull.rb attachement on this forum dated August 2nd. It is the updated version vurses the older version on the 1st page of this forum?


It just fixes the problem signaled by Simon, which only deals with the French translation. There is no other change. So I am not sure you need to download it.
I'll publish soon an update to LibFredo6 to fix this bug.

Fredo


Cool, thanks. Just checking because last time I tried to use jointpshull.rb a while back, it kept creating bugsplats everytime I selected a surface to pull.
0

mpowell1234567890 
 

Re: [Plugin] Joint Push Pull - Visual Edition

Postby fredo6 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Small update published in the main thread, mainly:
- to put the menus into a submenu of the Tool menu
- to resolve the problem of Toolbar persistence on Mac
I did make these modifications earlier in April but forgot to update the main post.
see http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=6708&p=42783#p42783

Fred
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

PreviousNext


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ucation2018 and 2 guests

Visit our sponsors: