[Plugin] HouseBuilder

[Plugin] HouseBuilder

Postby TIG » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 pm

Over the last several months there has been considerable confusion about 'House-Builder' versions metric/imperial...
Here are the [current] definitive links...
Metric:
viewtopic.php?p=519210#p519210
Imperial:
viewtopic.php?p=556663#p556663
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Re: [Plugin] HouseBuilder

Postby raineysky » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:13 am

Thanks TIG!!!

raineysky 

Postby Mark161 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi TIG

Sorry Tig another beginner thats having problems with House Builder plug in, Im based in the UK so we have to use the metric version, also Im using a Mac, and yes I have read the posts but to be honest its so confusing, plug and play it is not!!

I have downloaded the"Sketchup 2015 version 15.3.329", is there any way you have the current Dummed down version for idiots (me) no offence to anyone else, to get this working on my Mac, e.g. current version of House builder metric, a list of: download zipped file or not, change .rb files to .rbz it just go's on.

I would much appreciate your help

Mark age 60'

Mark161 

Postby TIG » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:15 pm

There is little difference in installing a Plugin on a PC or a MAC - at least since v8M2.
You say you have v2015, so download the metric RBZ version linked to in the first post in this thread [that's why I made it].

To install it...

Open SketchUp.
Open SketchUp [pn PC 'Window'] > Preferences > Extensions > Install... button...
Select the RBZ file you just downloaded.
Answer in the affirmative to any prompts...
The Plugin is installed.
It should now be auto-loaded and available in the Toolbar/Menu etc as explained in the usage notes...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby SJS66 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:38 am

I have two old files (Date Modified 4/12/2005) "HouseBuilder.rb" & "HouseBuilderTool.rb" with a model called garage_tour.skp file (all in same folder I've downloaded from somewhere but damned if I can remember where). I've downloaded TIG's newer version (metric) and it works fine but just wondering what to do with the old files. Are they the original .rb files for the SU8 version? Just tidying up my extension files. Pretty sure I don't need them anymore but thought it might pay to check prior to deleting.
SJS66 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby SJS66 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:06 am

Just opened the garage_tour.skp model & not a bad tutorial for HouseBuilder. Found out the metric version definitely has some issues. If I add a door or window the wall floor plate looses it's sides & the opening header tends to be a little long. Still, pretty handy tool. Thanks TIG for converting to metric. I suspect I installed the older files when I tried HouseBuilder early in my SU days, but got frustrated with imperial units. Gets a bit tiresome having to select the right sized timber every time but can't complain when it's free.
SJS66 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby joseph_pyle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:47 am

SJS66 wrote:Just opened the garage_tour.skp model & not a bad tutorial for HouseBuilder. Found out the metric version definitely has some issues. If I add a door or window the wall floor plate looses it's sides & the opening header tends to be a little long. Still, pretty handy tool. Thanks TIG for converting to metric. I suspect I installed the older files when I tried HouseBuilder early in my SU days, but got frustrated with imperial units. Gets a bit tiresome having to select the right sized timber every time but can't complain when it's free.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue with the door and window lintels and understuds being wrong?

joseph_pyle 

Postby rakeshbandige » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:07 am

good

rakeshbandige 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Plugins