[Plugin] FloorGenerator ( Updated 6-Apr-2017)

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Update 4-May-2014)

Postby sdmitch » Tue May 06, 2014 8:11 pm

JQL wrote:
sdmitch wrote:I think you had better do the video for me. Also, please provide info on your operating system, SketchUp version, and plugin version you are using.

Here you go,

I thought this sort of info would show up in the forum (it used to):
- SU 2014;
- Windows 7;
- Last plugin version. The first one seemed fine.

I can't embed the video here so it's attached.

Thanks again,

JQL

Since you had used a previous version, the problem may be a conflict in the stored defaults. I suggest that you select the "Reset" option at the bottom of the pattern list. This will initialize all defaults. Hopefully this will clear up the problem.
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby sdmitch » Tue May 06, 2014 8:16 pm

cuttingedge wrote:Hi SD Mitch..Excellent , excellent , plugin, wow...this will be very useful. There are two things though. How do you control the magnitude of the imperfections. For example in the wood type, the imperfections( like the levels )are a bit to strong.

the "imperfection" is currently limited to a maximum of 1/8"

The other thing is, in reality when tiles are set they are not perfectly leveled in Z , it will be most evident when you see the reflection of objects in aglossy floor. Is it possible to randomly rotate each by its center axis say about .2 to .5 degree in both x & y?

I suppose that could be incorporated into the imperfections. Currently the rotation is around either the x or y axis but not both.

This might be too much to ask.. Otherwise hey, I can do it manually...Thanks for the wonderful plugin...

sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Update 30-Apr-2014)

Postby guanjin » Wed May 07, 2014 10:32 am

Calculate how many tiles you can achieve it? :fecstatic: :thumb:
I come from China, is to learn
guanjin 

Postby JQL » Wed May 07, 2014 11:07 am

sdmitch wrote:Since you had used a previous version, the problem may be a conflict in the stored defaults. I suggest that you select the "Reset" option at the bottom of the pattern list. This will initialize all defaults. Hopefully this will clear up the problem.

Thanks that solved it!
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Update 7-May-2014)

Postby Zacchia » Thu May 08, 2014 7:43 am

Many thanks for this plugin!! I tried to install it with the Plugin Store but there I could not find it. Are not all plugins listed there? I mean I could install it but I was just wondering...

Zacchia 

Postby Krisidious » Thu May 08, 2014 8:11 am

Zacchia wrote:Many thanks for this plugin!! I tried to install it with the Plugin Store but there I could not find it. Are not all plugins listed there? I mean I could install it but I was just wondering...

All plugins are not in the store... just a heck of a lot of them. some are in the warehouse and then some others are on people's websites and then some others are just small things buried in forums and various author's computers.
By: Kristoff Rand
Home Designer
Unique House Plans
Krisidious 

Postby Zacchia » Thu May 08, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks for answer!

Zacchia 

Postby TIG » Thu May 08, 2014 10:08 am

Because this tool is 'work-in-progress', its author [Sam] has opted not to put it into the PluginStore just yet.
When he has sorted out any 'beta' issues I'm sure it'll become available there as an RBZ in due course.

At the moment it's available in the first post as an RB file, which needs downloading and manually placing into the default SketchUp Plugins folder.
If you have the SketchUcation PluginStore toolset Plugin installed then it has is a submenu option to find and open the Plugins folder.
If you are using < v2014 on PC you need to ensure that you have FULL security permissions to read/write to the Plugins folder - there is a Tutorial about fixing those, accessed from the menu above...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby notareal » Thu May 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Nice work so far! I am sure that when released as "final" this will be a hit.
Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

notareal 
Thea Render Support
Thea Render Support

Postby sdmitch » Tue May 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Floor Generator has been moved to the Plugin Store.

sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby guanjin » Wed May 14, 2014 10:04 am

sdmitch wrote:Floor Generator has been moved to the Plugin Store.

pm.gif

The plug-in is perfect, but unfortunately does not support Chinese language :roll:
I come from China, is to learn
guanjin 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Update 13-May-2014)

Postby Oxer » Wed May 14, 2014 5:01 pm

There is a conflict with offset.rb required for Protude.rb, the next Patterns don't work:
- Irregular Polygons
- HopScotch3
- I_Block
The rest of patterns work fine.

Another question, is it possible give support to translate the plugin?

EDIT: I found a version of offset.rb that it isn't conflict with Floor Generator.
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
Oxer 

Postby sdmitch » Wed May 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Oxer wrote:There is a conflict with offset.rb required for Protude.rb, the next Patterns don't work:
- Irregular Polygons
- HopScotch3
- I_Block
The rest of patterns work fine.

Another question, is it possible give support to translate the plugin?

EDIT: I found a version of offset.rb that it isn't conflict with Floor Generator.

I can't see how Floor Generator could ever have a conflict with offset.rb since I use a method of my own creation to do the offsets and every pattern uses the same offset method.

I have no ability or plans to do any translations of the plugin.

sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Oxer » Wed May 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Thanks for the reply.
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
Oxer 

Postby tt_su » Wed May 14, 2014 9:57 pm

I think offset.rb modifies core classes which breaks plugins.
tt_su 
SketchUp Team
SketchUp Team

Postby openspaces » Thu May 15, 2014 11:41 am

Thank you so very much, very useful Plugin. :thumb:

openspaces 

Postby sdmitch » Thu May 15, 2014 2:32 pm

tt_su wrote:I think offset.rb modifies core classes which breaks plugins.

Shortly after finding and using offset.rb, it was pointed out that that could be a potential problem so I did away with the class and just used it as a method. The first versions of Floor Generator used this offset method until I tried to add the Herringbone pattern. It failed apparently because the way the faces are arranged it cause multiple edges to be reversed in the face and it couldn't handle that. So I had to create my own version.

sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby azumayugo » Sun May 25, 2014 10:21 am

hi,

i've used your script for several times, it's nice and run well. But suddenly, the script didn't load. When I check ruby console, it show some error message like this :

Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `to_l' for nil:NilClass>
C:/Users/Design/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/SDM_FloorGenerator_WD.rb:89:in `dialog'
C:/Users/Design/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/SDM_FloorGenerator_WD.rb:63:in `initialize'
C:/Users/Design/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/SDM_FloorGenerator_WD.rb:33:in `new'
C:/Users/Design/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/SDM_FloorGenerator_WD.rb:33:in `block in <top (required)>'
-e:1:in `call'

What should I do to make the script run again?

Thank's before

azumayugo 

Postby sdmitch » Sun May 25, 2014 5:13 pm

azumayugo wrote:hi,

i've used your script for several times, it's nice and run well. But suddenly, the script didn't load. When I check ruby console, it show some error message like this :

C:/Users/Design/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/SDM_FloorGenerator_WD.rb:89:in `dialog'
C:/Users/Design/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/SDM_FloorGenerator_WD.rb:63:in `initialize'
C:/Users/Design/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/SDM_FloorGenerator_WD.rb:33:in `new'
C:/Users/Design/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/SDM_FloorGenerator_WD.rb:33:in `block in <top (required)>'

Thank's before

It is probably a problem related to the saved defaults. If the plugin runs at all, choose the reset option at the bottom of the pattern list to reset the defaults.

If that isn't possible, paste the following into the Ruby Console and press Enter.

Code: Select all
["Brick","Tile","Wood","Tweed","Hbone","BsktWv","HpScth1","HpScth2",'HpScth3',"HpScth4","IrPoly","Hexgon","Octgon","Wedge","I_Block"].each{|o| Sketchup.write_default("FloorGenerator",o,nil)};

sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby azumayugo » Tue May 27, 2014 6:06 am

sdmitch wrote:
azumayugo wrote:hi,

Thank's before

It is probably a problem related to the saved defaults. If the plugin runs at all, choose the reset option at the bottom of the pattern list to reset the defaults.

If that isn't possible, paste the following into the Ruby Console and press Enter.

["Brick","Tile","Wood","Tweed","Hbone","BsktWv","HpScth1","HpScth2",'HpScth3',"HpScth4","IrPoly","Hexgon","Octgon","Wedge","I_Block"].each{|o| Sketchup.write_default("FloorGenerator",o,nil)};

Thank's sdmitch. It work again :thumb:

azumayugo 

Postby unsuns » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Hello Everyone !

First of all, thank you for the great job you did to bring us that tool.

However, I have an issue : I wanted to be able to run it through a toolbar button (which I successfully did, but when I close the FG window the button is still activated and if I try to run it again the FG window doesnt show up anymore (even if I use other tools after that).

Could you please help me to fix it ? :/

unsuns 

Postby sdmitch » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 am

unsuns wrote:Hello Everyone !

First of all, thank you for the great job you did to bring us that tool.

However, I have an issue : I wanted to be able to run it through a toolbar button (which I successfully did, but when I close the FG window the button is still activated and if I try to run it again the FG window doesnt show up anymore (even if I use other tools after that).

Could you please help me to fix it ? :/

Just don't "X" out of the WebDialog window, instead Right click in space or select any other tool. This will close the WebDialog window an unselect the Toolbar Icon.

sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby jolran » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:28 am

Just don't "X" out of the WebDialog window, instead Right click in space or select any other tool. This will close the WebDialog window an unselect the Toolbar Icon.

Sam. I think you could try trigger some actions during the closing of the dialog with "X", using @yourdialog.set_on_close { #set closing action here }. If you are not already using it, that is.
As usual concerning webdialogs, I don't know how reliable that method is..
jolran 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby unsuns » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:36 pm

I tried what you said jolran but I couldn't figure it out. How should I do it ?
Here is the code:

Please don't post entire blocks of code from other authors - it's bad manners...
Extracts are fine...

unsuns 

Postby sdmitch » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:00 pm

jolran wrote:

Sam. I think you could try trigger some actions during the closing of the dialog with "X", using @yourdialog.set_on_close { #set closing action here }. If you are not already using it, that is.
As usual concerning webdialogs, I don't know how reliable that method is..

I wasn't. Another one of those things that is there but not a necessity so I just ignored it. Thanks for the suggestion.

sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby jolran » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:47 pm

I tried what you said jolran but I couldn't figure it out. How should I do it ?

unsuns, I meant this to be tried by Sam at developer-level. I havent dug in his script, so this suggestion was a shot in the dark.

I wasn't. Another one of those things that is there but not a necessity so I just ignored it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hope it helps.
/Joel
jolran 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby unsuns » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:33 pm

Can't I do it myself ? To help improve that script

unsuns 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Update 2-Jun-2014)

Postby sdmitch » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Posted new version.

Unsuns, I would appreciate it if you would let me take care of my plugins. Thank you.

sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby unsuns » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:04 pm

That's alright ! Thank you !

unsuns 

Postby unsuns » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Did you test it ?
Now when I select a pattern it closes the window, so I have to reopen to adjust settings and if I select another pattern it's the same.

unsuns 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins