[Plugin] FloorGenerator ( Updated 6-Apr-2017)

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Thu May 07, 2015 9:44 pm

thirdleft wrote:Sdmitch This plugin is AMAZING! I am surprised it is free! the more i use it the more powerful i find it.

One thing that would be really great to see is a randomflip to the textures option. This would increase the quality of rendering substantially.

Great job again!


Wouldn't Random Rotate 180 do that?
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby rombout » Wed May 13, 2015 6:42 pm

I got a question. Im trying to make this wooden denk which has a organic shape. Now i read in the manual that the direction of the planks is in a angle of the longest side. I also set the texture 90 to the longest side. Now each time the planks seems to be set in some kind of angle, looks 45deg. (See attachment)

How can is set the planks to be 90deg to the longest side.(left long edge) Or is it better to make a big rectangle than do the flooring and intersect a shapes based on the attachment.
0
User avatar
rombout 
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Wed May 13, 2015 8:09 pm

rombout wrote:I got a question. Im trying to make this wooden denk which has a organic shape. Now i read in the manual that the direction of the planks is in a angle of the longest side. I also set the texture 90 to the longest side. Now each time the planks seems to be set in some kind of angle, looks 45deg. (See attachment)

How can is set the planks to be 90deg to the longest side.(left long edge) Or is it better to make a big rectangle than do the flooring and intersect a shapes based on the attachment.


Setting Grid Rotation to 90 should do that. Since "Corner" is the Grid Origin selection, make sure that you pick a point that is close to a corner that the long edge is part of. The lower left corner for instance. Otherwise use "Center" for the Grid Origin.

Either options works as expected for me.
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby seasdes » Thu May 14, 2015 1:59 am

I just found this truly amazing plugin.

A question that I have - Is it possible to designate a edge to which the floor pattern will be aligned. Otherwise is it possible to enter a Grid Rotation that is not preset.
0
Using Sketchup Pro 2019

seasdes 
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby seasdes » Thu May 14, 2015 2:12 am

seasdes wrote:I just found this truly amazing plugin.

A question that I have - Is it possible to designate a edge to which the floor pattern will be aligned. Otherwise is it possible to enter a Grid Rotation that is not preset.



I think I found the answer to my question a couple of posts above ie
"... make sure that you pick a point that is close to a corner that the long edge is part of ..."

Is that correct?
0
Using Sketchup Pro 2019

seasdes 
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 am

seasdes wrote:
seasdes wrote:I just found this truly amazing plugin.

A question that I have - Is it possible to designate a edge to which the floor pattern will be aligned. Otherwise is it possible to enter a Grid Rotation that is not preset.



I think I found the answer to my question a couple of posts above ie
"... make sure that you pick a point that is close to a corner that the long edge is part of ..."

Is that correct?


Yes, if you want the pattern to start in a corner. If you choose "Center" for the origin, you can click anywhere on the face and it will find the longest edge and align to it.
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby srx » Thu May 14, 2015 10:13 am

This is a wonderful plugin. I wonder if it could be made even better by adding features like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plnmowRKumE
0
www.saurus.rs
User avatar
srx 
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby rombout » Fri May 15, 2015 2:12 pm

sdmitch wrote:
rombout wrote:I got a question. Im trying to make this wooden denk which has a organic shape. Now i read in the manual that the direction of the planks is in a angle of the longest side. I also set the texture 90 to the longest side. Now each time the planks seems to be set in some kind of angle, looks 45deg. (See attachment)

How can is set the planks to be 90deg to the longest side.(left long edge) Or is it better to make a big rectangle than do the flooring and intersect a shapes based on the attachment.


Setting Grid Rotation to 90 should do that. Since "Corner" is the Grid Origin selection, make sure that you pick a point that is close to a corner that the long edge is part of. The lower left corner for instance. Otherwise use "Center" for the Grid Origin.

Either options works as expected for me.

Not sure now what did help, i tried texture settings to 90 deg earlier. When selecting the mesh for flooring, do you need to select a corner (see green circle) or just hover and press enter. When i over and noticed the green circle in a corner the planks are set correct.

Took some time but it works! and still about 100x faster than doing it manual :)

thanks for the advice

PS i noticed a texture in that BTW_Textures.zip i think its from cgtextures, you cant add this officially :mrgreen:
0
User avatar
rombout 
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Fri May 15, 2015 3:07 pm

Glad it finally worked for you. The corner/longest side selection wasn't handled well and I need to correct that.
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby pinoy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Great plugin Sdmitch! Very useful for architecture and game creation.
i-block,diamond and hexagon patterns were excellent.
Just wondering if it is possible to create something like simple sic-fi panels
see attached examples a few simplified diagonals will be great.
Thanks again.Cheers
0

pinoy 
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby JQL » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:10 pm

srx wrote:This is a wonderful plugin. I wonder if it could be made even better by adding features like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plnmowRKumE


that would be cool indeed. In the mean time why don't you use shapebender?
0
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby JQL » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:16 pm

I have a request of my own for when you have time on your hands of course! What about adding some control to that randomness?

Randomize texture position:
- With fixed increments like 10cm to 10cm to get some random tiles;
- Random Angles;
- Random Angles with fixed increments (90º, 45º...)
- Randomly mirroring texture left right up down;
- Random Seed so we can get back to the same random result after changing something minor on the shape of the boundary...(don't even know if this is possible in this case)
- Randomize from selected "in model" materials.
0
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: Feature Request [Siding Generation Option]

Postby db11 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:29 pm

What would be a really useful addition to this great plugin is a siding generation option.

Essentially it would just disable the random face divisions in order to generate horizontal or vertical siding using the existing functionality / options.

I saw that someone else had suggested this a year or two back, but didn't see any reply.

Any chance of re-considering it?

Thanks.
0

db11 
 

Re: Feature Request [Siding Generation Option]

Postby sdmitch » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:04 pm

db11 wrote:What would be a really useful addition to this great plugin is a siding generation option.

Essentially it would just disable the random face divisions in order to generate horizontal or vertical siding using the existing functionality / options.

I saw that someone else had suggested this a year or two back, but didn't see any reply.

Any chance of re-considering it?

Thanks.


I'll consider it if you will send me a sample model version<=2014 so that I know exactly what you are expecting.
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby deaneau » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:55 am

Hello Sam,

today i have become my first error message with FloorGenerator (Brick)

in the attachement i have two files BridgePartStartV13 and BridgePartV13. Both as Version 2013.

The red Parts ( BridgePartV13) produce errors. this Part must have horizontal oriented bricks.

The Dark Red Areas (BridgePartStart) must have Bricks.


i would build like this.

f53t10671p304073n2.png

2006_sg_03_134.jpg


in the RAR-File you will find 2 files in 2013-Format.

here the Error Message

BridgePartError1.jpg


How i can solve this

Big Thank You

Dean

p.s. i work on Sketchup2015 x64
0
MADE, BORN AND LIVING IN BERLIN
Big Thank You to all Programmers
Some German words are so long that they have a perspective. M.Twain
User avatar
deaneau 
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby deaneau » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:04 am

is this possible with Floorgenerator ?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauerwerksverband

look at the picktures on the left side.

the last picture is named with "Amerikanischer Verband"

here an other page..ok its german ...look only on the pictures.

http://www.wienerberger.com/servlet/Sat ... 6586910247

here some interesting pages

http://www.bswals.at/wrl-m/ziegel/zier/zier.htm

http://www.bswals.at/wrl-m/ziegel/ziegel.htm

http://www.bswals.at/wrl-m/ziegel/block/block.htm
0
MADE, BORN AND LIVING IN BERLIN
Big Thank You to all Programmers
Some German words are so long that they have a perspective. M.Twain
User avatar
deaneau 
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:37 pm

deaneau wrote:is this possible with Floorgenerator ?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauerwerksverband

look at the picktures on the left side.

the last picture is named with "Amerikanischer Verband"

Yes and no. The physical layout can be accomplished by setting the Gap Depth to the width of the brick. The Material application I leave to you.

here an other page..ok its german ...look only on the pictures.

As above, the application of the material would have to be done manually.

http://www.wienerberger.com/servlet/Sat ... 6586910247

here some interesting pages

http://www.bswals.at/wrl-m/ziegel/zier/zier.htm

http://www.bswals.at/wrl-m/ziegel/ziegel.htm

http://www.bswals.at/wrl-m/ziegel/block/block.htm
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:40 pm

This error usually occurs when a tiny piece of the grid is created at the border. Try the other 'Origin' option.

deaneau wrote:Hello Sam,

today i have become my first error message with FloorGenerator (Brick)

in the attachement i have two files BridgePartStartV13 and BridgePartV13. Both as Version 2013.

The red Parts ( BridgePartV13) produce errors. this Part must have horizontal oriented bricks.

The Dark Red Areas (BridgePartStart) must have Bricks.


i would build like this.

f53t10671p304073n2.png

2006_sg_03_134.jpg


in the RAR-File you will find 2 files in 2013-Format.

here the Error Message

BridgePartError1.jpg


How i can solve this

Big Thank You

Dean

p.s. i work on Sketchup2015 x64
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby deaneau » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Hello Sam, thank you for your fast answer.

The Material application I leave to you.



what material you have leave to me?
do you have send as PM? my PM-Box is empty.

ok I´ll try an other Option.

Thanks Dean
0
MADE, BORN AND LIVING IN BERLIN
Big Thank You to all Programmers
Some German words are so long that they have a perspective. M.Twain
User avatar
deaneau 
 

[Plugin] FloorGenerator for Brickworks

Postby deaneau » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:17 pm

i have now found an english version for Brickwork.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brickwork

the german word "Läufer" is the same like "Stretcher"

and Binder is the same like "Header"

Ok, if we would have the option

*H=Header, S=Stretchers, R=Row

Horizontal first layer H=1 S=1 Row to Row Offset 50%
we have a Flemish bond

R1 H=1 S=2 Monk bond
R1 H=1 S=3 Sussex bond

R1 H=1 S=0 Head Bond
R1 H=0 S=1 Stretch Bond

etc

If we wold have the option for more than 1 row

English Bond
R1 H=0 S=1
R2 H=1 S=0

when we would have more rows, we could design all possible Designs for Brickwork.

One Brick is based by Lenght, Width and Gap Depth.

here i have found some formulas for calculation a bow for brick work

origin is a german language

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url
0
MADE, BORN AND LIVING IN BERLIN
Big Thank You to all Programmers
Some German words are so long that they have a perspective. M.Twain
User avatar
deaneau 
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby JQL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:08 pm

I've been having trouble creating wood boards on tiny spaces.

Neither the wood, brick or grid work on spaces with dimensions smaller than the size assinged to wood board/brick/tile.

I've got big floors where the plugin works flawlessly, but I also got smaller areas on stairs and windows or other such spaces where I want a board to run from side to side and there's no way to make it happen.

The maximum length I can input is always considerably smaller than the maximum floor face length and I get joints where I don't want them...

floor generator.jpg


The question is that I got addicted to the results the plugin creates so what can I do in this case?

Would it be hard to create a pattern wich creates only rows or columns (90º rotated rows) without any subdivision in the middle of the row/column? It would still be good to have all other parameters from gap and depth to bevel and random texture or imperfections that brick, wood, or tiles have.
0
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:36 pm

JQL wrote:I've been having trouble creating wood boards on tiny spaces.

Neither the wood, brick or grid work on spaces with dimensions smaller than the size assinged to wood board/brick/tile.

I've got big floors where the plugin works flawlessly, but I also got smaller areas on stairs and windows or other such spaces where I want a board to run from side to side and there's no way to make it happen.

The maximum length I can input is always considerably smaller than the maximum floor face length and I get joints where I don't want them...

floor generator.jpg


The question is that I got addicted to the results the plugin creates so what can I do in this case?

Would it be hard to create a pattern wich creates only rows or columns (90º rotated rows) without any subdivision in the middle of the row/column? It would still be good to have all other parameters from gap and depth to bevel and random texture or imperfections that brick, wood, or tiles have.


Find the following line in the plugin
Code: Select all
if (face.bounds.diagonal >= dmax*1.5); # make sure the rectangle is big enough to sub-divide

and replace it with
Code: Select all
if (face.bounds.diagonal >= dmax); # make sure the rectangle is big enough to sub-divide

and use the Tile option.
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby JQL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Wow! Thanks!
0
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby JQL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi Sam,

I changed it but it only worked if I multiplied it with "0". Does this make sense to you?

Code: Select all
if (face.bounds.diagonal >= dmax*0); # make sure the rectangle is big enough to sub-divide


Anyway thanks again... it's working perfectly now!
0
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:25 pm

JQL wrote:Hi Sam,

I changed it but it only worked if I multiplied it with "0". Does this make sense to you?

Code: Select all
if (face.bounds.diagonal >= dmax*0); # make sure the rectangle is big enough to sub-divide


Anyway thanks again... it's working perfectly now!


By multiplying by 0 you have eliminated the test totally as the face diagonal will always be greater than 0. It should have worked as it was as long as you didn't enter a length that was longer than the face diagonal. Maybe that wasn't efficient because the size of the faces picked was constantly changing.
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby JQL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Do you think I'm runining something in the long run if I keep it like this?
0
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:32 pm

JQL wrote:Do you think I'm runining something in the long run if I keep it like this?


No, I don't thing it should hurt anything but, if the pattern is bigger than the face, nothing is going to happen.
0
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby JQL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:54 pm

I just tested it. If it's bigger than the face it just bevels the face and creates the set gaps to the border edges... Pretty cool if you ask me...

All these tests made me want a new request but maybe I'm pushing my luck too far! :?

Here goes nothing:

When we set a gap depth floor generator creates all it's coolness but it raises the floor area as much as the gap depth. It also removes the material from the original face and renders it with default material.

1 - Would I be completely annoying if I'd request the floor top to match the level of the chosen face?
2 - And what if the new face would receive the same material it had before Floor generation, or one of the materials currently being applied (random from folder or current).
3 - Could it also be possible if the face material would be selecteable as the texture being applied? It could work as "current material" does right now...

Now I'm going back to my hole...
0
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby sdmitch » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:44 pm

JQL wrote:I just tested it. If it's bigger than the face it just bevels the face and creates the set gaps to the border edges... Pretty cool if you ask me...

All these tests made me want a new request but maybe I'm pushing my luck too far! :?

Here goes nothing:

When we set a gap depth floor generator creates all it's coolness but it raises the floor area as much as the gap depth. It also removes the material from the original face and renders it with default material.

1 - Would I be completely annoying if I'd request the floor top to match the level of the chosen face?

Yes but easily doable


2 - And what if the new face would receive the same material it had before Floor generation, or one of the materials currently being applied (random from folder or current).

Also easily doable. Since all faces on the XY plane are created front down, I would assume the back_material is to be used.


3 - Could it also be possible if the face material would be selecteable as the texture being applied? It could work as "current material" does right now...

The soon to be released FINAL version, Random Texture source can be a folder or the model. You can choose one or several to be applied randomly.


Now I'm going back to my hole...
1
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
User avatar
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FloorGenerator (Updated 7-Mar-2015)

Postby JQL » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:15 pm

sdmitch wrote:
JQL wrote:2 - And what if the new face would receive the same material it had before Floor generation, or one of the materials currently being applied (random from folder or current).

Also easily doable. Since all faces on the XY plane are created front down, I would assume the back_material is to be used.


It's true sketchup does that (why it does it, it's another story) but most users reverse that face to be facing the side they need.

I believe that would be the case if you'd apply a floor on top of a slab. Probably the slab would be something that came out of a push pull if it would be like that, this "thick" slab would have the front face on top and the material would be applied on the front face.

I also believe most users using these detailed floors created by Floor generator, are already advanced users and most of us are using it for render purposes. Those kind of users usually don't apply materials to backfaces because of all the troubles that can lead to (rendering, SU solids, etc...)
0
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

PreviousNext


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JeisaT, Kruegen and 36 guests

Visit our sponsors: