[Plugin] RichSection V0.5.8 UPDATED march 2015  Topic is solved

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.4.6 UPDATED july 2014

Postby youemailme » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi,
Just downloaded yesterday, and figuring out how to use it. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, I can't get audio on any of the videos. Computer speakers, through my stereo, videos on your site, or on YouTube. No problem with any other videos on the internet.
Thanks
0

youemailme 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.4.6 UPDATED july 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:48 pm

youemailme wrote: Unfortunately, no matter what I do, I can't get audio on any of the videos.

Nothing is wrong, there is no sound.
Do you want me to sing ? :)
Please read the pdf doc.
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.4.6 UPDATED july 2014

Postby tt_su » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:48 am

pgarmyn wrote:Do you want me to sing ? :)

:lol: Yes! I do!
0
User avatar
tt_su 
SketchUp Team
SketchUp Team
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.4.6 UPDATED july 2014

Postby youemailme » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:50 pm

I don't know how good a voice you have, so I suppose not. Guess that explains why there's no sound! I saw that someone complained about how fast they were, but I figured it wouldn't matter if I could hear what you were saying. Makes the pdf all the more indispensable. I'll watch the vids again after I study the pdf....
0

youemailme 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.4.6 UPDATED july 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:12 pm

@ youemailme & tt_su
sorry,, english is not my mother tongue...

I will make some slow 'how to' videos with text.
I will be on holiday the next three weeks ..... 8-)
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.4.6 UPDATED july 2014

Postby youemailme » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:18 pm

No apologies necessary! I'm in awe of anyone that can write plug-ins like this, while still carrying on a "day job"! No rush, and thanks again for your contribution to the world of SketchUp!
1

youemailme 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.4.6 UPDATED july 2014

Postby Skalp » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:19 am

youemailme wrote:No apologies necessary! I'm in awe of anyone that can write plug-ins like this, while still carrying on a "day job"! No rush, and thanks again for your contribution to the world of SketchUp!


To make a decent plugin take a lot of work. And it's much more than having an idea and writing a little bit of ruby code. That is the easy part. But testing it. Because it should run on all version of windows and os x, and on all versions of sketchup. It can conflict with other plugins. And the userinterface had to be easy to use too. Oh did I mension there are all kind of browsers and they are different on win and mac and the UI is depended on these browsers. Than there is documentation. The user want a manual and tutorial movies. You should give support on it and a lot of support as nothing to do with your plugin itself but is an os, sketchup or browser issue... Or just stupidity of the user (oh yes I switched of showing images in my browser yesterday, now I understand why your webdialog isn't showing icons anymore... But this is after a join.me session of half an hour.)
Most of the plugins make money for the users by saving a lot of time. Please respect the developers and support there efforts by paying for there hard work.
0
User avatar
Skalp 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.4.6 UPDATED july 2014

Postby caronte01 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:23 am

Hi Piet,

Here's a small sample of recent work using your plugin. All these are 100% sketchup/layout.

Thanks a lot!

Santiago

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.jpg
4

caronte01 
 

[Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.5.0 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:44 pm

UPDATE 0.5.0 published in the Sketchucation PLUGINSTORE HERE
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.4.6 UPDATED july 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:07 pm

caronte01 wrote:Hi Piet,
Here's a small sample of recent work using your plugin. All these are 100% sketchup/layout.
Thanks a lot!
Santiago



Good work !!!
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection [Demo] V0.5.0 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:09 pm

pgarmyn wrote:UPDATE 0.5.0 published in the Sketchucation PLUGINSTORE HERE


KNOWN ISSUE:

RichSections created with older versions must be updated manually.
I will work on it to fix that.
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.0 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby priestonaray » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:26 am

trying to install this extension on my SU2014 but cannot find this on my toolbar, and every time i restart SU, it shows:
Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file -- fileutils.rb>
c:/users/administrator/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/piga_richsection/richsection.rbs:133:in `require'
c:/users/administrator/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/piga_richsection/richsection.rbs:133:in `<module:PiGaRSection>'
c:/users/administrator/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/piga_richsection/richsection.rbs:106:in `<main>'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/RSloader.rb:25:in `eval'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/RSloader.rb:25:in `require'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/RSloader.rb:25:in `<module:PiGa>'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/RSloader.rb:3:in `<top (required)>'
C:/PROGRA~1/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
C:/PROGRA~1/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection.rb:40:in `register_extension'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection.rb:40:in `<module:PiGa>'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection.rb:17:in `<top (required)>'


any idea?
0

priestonaray 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.0 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby TIG » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:36 am

The fileutils.rb is a standard file found in the RubyStdLib subfolder within the SketchUp Tools.
It does not auto-load when SketchUp starts, BUT can be required thus:
require "fileutils.rb"
Since the path to the RubyStdLib subfolder should be auto-added to the $: the .rb should be found in that folder.
Obviously something is failing...

Check a few things...
Is the RubyStdLib subfolder within the SketchUp Tools ?
Does it contain a file named fileutils.rb ?
If not reinstall SketchUp v2014 [latest version]...
Is the path to RubyStdLib included in the $: ? To check that you just type $: in the Ruby Console...
If you type require "fileutils.rb" in the Ruby Console what is the result ?

Report back...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.1 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:11 pm

UPDATE 0.5.1 published in the Sketchucation PLUGINSTORE HERE

RichSections created with an older plugin version don't need manual update any more (bug in 0.5.0) when changing the sectionplan
1

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.1 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby Krisidious » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:34 am

Thanks pgarmyn...
0
By: Kristoff Rand
Home Designer
Unique House Plans
User avatar
Krisidious 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.0 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby priestonaray » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:51 am

TIG wrote:The fileutils.rb is a standard file found in the RubyStdLib subfolder within the SketchUp Tools.
It does not auto-load when SketchUp starts, BUT can be required thus:
require "fileutils.rb"
Since the path to the RubyStdLib subfolder should be auto-added to the $: the .rb should be found in that folder.
Obviously something is failing...

Check a few things...
Is the RubyStdLib subfolder within the SketchUp Tools ?
Does it contain a file named fileutils.rb ?
If not reinstall SketchUp v2014 [latest version]...
Is the path to RubyStdLib included in the $: ? To check that you just type $: in the Ruby Console...
If you type require "fileutils.rb" in the Ruby Console what is the result ?

Report back...


Is the RubyStdLib subfolder within the SketchUp Tools ?yes

Does it contain a file named fileutils.rb ? yes

If not reinstall SketchUp v2014 [latest version]... 14.0.49

Is the path to RubyStdLib included in the $: ? To check that you just type $: in the Ruby Console... i don't think so

If you type require "fileutils.rb" in the Ruby Console what is the result ? false
0

priestonaray 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.1 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby caronte01 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Piet,

I´m having some issues with this new version 0.5.1

When I right click on a rs to update it, I get the new dialog, and then after a second right click, I can update it. Previously, on the first right click, I was able to update the section directly.

The other thing is that, once the new dialog (which looks great btw, big improvement over the previous one), takes the focus, the main window can be orbited, but not zoomed in/out. This happens without notice, so that results in apparent sluggish navigation. Is there a way to switch between modal and non modal dialogs? It may be a matter of personal preference, but I like to have all these aux windows go away once they have served their purpose. This would avoid the first problem.

Other than that, I´ve had no issues with this new version. I´ll keep testing.

Thank you!

Santiago
0

caronte01 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.0 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:28 pm

priestonaray wrote:If not reinstall SketchUp v2014 [latest version]... 14.0.49
If you type require "fileutils.rb" in the Ruby Console what is the result ? false


Fileutils is used by my plugin, but it is part of the standard library since Sketchup 2014.
Did you reinstall Sketchup ? (Even if you have the latest)

Tell me....
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.1 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:51 pm

caronte01 wrote:Hi Piet,

I´m having some issues with this new version 0.5.1

When I right click on a rs to update it, I get the new dialog, and then after a second right click, I can update it. Previously, on the first right click, I was able to update the section directly.

The other thing is that, once the new dialog (which looks great btw, big improvement over the previous one), takes the focus, the main window can be orbited, but not zoomed in/out. This happens without notice, so that results in apparent sluggish navigation. Is there a way to switch between modal and non modal dialogs? It may be a matter of personal preference, but I like to have all these aux windows go away once they have served their purpose. This would avoid the first problem.

Other than that, I´ve had no issues with this new version. I´ll keep testing.

Thank you!

Santiago


About zooming : If you click on the titlebar of the Sketchup-window, the main window will have the scope, and zoom-behaviour will be normal.

About updating with one click: Yes my context-menu is buggy. I will work on it. But instant update is still possible if you use the update button on the panel, and then click on the sectionplan or Richsection group.

About non-modal or modal dialog: The idea was to use a non modal dialog to allow the creation of materials, scenes.... to use within the RichSection. If necessary i will switch back to modal, or let you the chose, but first give me last chance to try the non-model way.

Thanks for testing Santiago!
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.1 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby cesaro36 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:34 am

Hi Piet
Since the last UI interface I can't get my sections to update (no section name change). These are the errors shown:
Error: #<ArgumentError: 'DarkRed' not valid values in list.>
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/listbox.rb:238:in `value='
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/RSpanel.rb:583:in `block in create'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/events.rb:82:in `call'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/events.rb:82:in `block in trigger_event'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/events.rb:78:in `each'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/events.rb:78:in `trigger_event'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/window.rb:358:in `event_control_callback'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/window.rb:312:in `callback_handler'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/window.rb:270:in `block in add_callback'
-e:1:in `call'
0

cesaro36 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.1 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:41 am

cesaro36 wrote:Hi Piet
Since the last UI interface I can't get my sections to update (no section name change). These are the errors shown:
Error: #<ArgumentError: 'DarkRed' not valid values in list.>
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/listbox.rb:238:in `value='
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/RSpanel.rb:583:in `block in create'


What is your SU version, what windows or mac version ?
It seems that 'DarkRed' (Sketchup color or material) doesn't exist on your computer.
What happens if you make a material 'DarkRed' before opening the RichSection panel?
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.3 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:43 pm

RichSection UPDATE 0.5.3 is published on the Sketchucation PLUGINSTORE HERE


Release Notes for RichSection **V0.5.3**
- bugs on panel removed (?)
- to prevent issues on Mac : don't open multiple models; close and reopen the RS-panel when opening a model
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.3 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby bimbachi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:11 pm

hello,
(mac version) i'm having only 2 materials default and black?
shall i change something ?

pgarmyn wrote:RichSection UPDATE 0.5.3 is published on the Sketchucation PLUGINSTORE HERE


Release Notes for RichSection **V0.5.3**
- bugs on panel removed (?)
- to prevent issues on Mac : don't open multiple models; close and reopen the RS-panel when opening a model
0

bimbachi 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.3 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 pm

bimbachi wrote:hello,
(mac version) i'm having only 2 materials default and black?
shall i change something ?



Hy bimbachi
To load automatically 14 predefined hatches
- In RichSection/settings : Load materials .... :
replace "materials/RichSection-v0.3/#default.mat.skp"
by "materials/RichSection-v0.3/RS_V0_14.mat.skp"
- For new models : 14 materials will be loaded at the first RS creation
- In models with RichSections : delete the "#default" material and create a new RichSection

;)
1

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.3 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby caronte01 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 am

Hi Piet,

I've been using your latest version.

I'm having some issues:

The main rs dialog contracts to a size smaller than it's intended one. Text overlaps, and some buttons will dissapear. This happens a lot when creating new rs, not when editing existing ones.

Section name has to be changed two times, when creating rs. The first time will default to #00x. The second time, the corrresponding layer will change it's name, the section has to be renamed manually. In setttings, I have rs create 1 scene, with section hidden, and camera aligned.

I have to change layer visibility so the layer with the rs group is visible. I remember doing this for different views that used the rs (perspective sections for example), but not for the main rs scene.

Once the scene and rs name is changed, I have to manually delete the original layer, (#00x)

Running win 10, x64
0

caronte01 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.3 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby bimbachi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:08 pm

ok thanks,

but now I have list of all hatch materials , hoever they dont show on sections when selected :?



pgarmyn wrote:
bimbachi wrote:hello,
(mac version) i'm having only 2 materials default and black?
shall i change something ?


Hy bimbachi
To load automatically 14 predefined hatches
- In RichSection/settings : Load materials .... :
replace "materials/RichSection-v0.3/#default.mat.skp"
by "materials/RichSection-v0.3/RS_V0_14.mat.skp"
- For new models : 14 materials will be loaded at the first RS creation
- In models with RichSections : delete the "#default" material and create a new RichSection

;)
0

bimbachi 
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.3 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:52 pm

bimbachi wrote:ok thanks,

but now I have list of all hatch materials , hoever they dont show on sections when selected :?

You will have to change the names of th materials (or make a copy with another name).

Read the documentation (pdf in first post). Frome page 4:
If the selected option for 'RichSection section material name' is 'prefix+layername, default',
then the following section-materials will be asigned :
If a group (or componentinstance) is in layer 'Layer1' and the prefix is '#' : Then the plugin will look for the RS material '#Layer1'. If it exist in the Model (<=> in the library), it will be assigned. If not, the RS material assigned to the cut-face will be 'default' witch means that the RS material of the Component(instance) or Group containing this nested element will be used. If no corresponding RS material can be found, the default RS material will be used.
1

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.3 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:13 pm

caronte01 wrote:Hi Piet,

I've been using your latest version.

I'm having some issues:

The main rs dialog contracts to a size smaller than it's intended one. Text overlaps, and some buttons will dissapear. This happens a lot when creating new rs, not when editing existing ones.

Section name has to be changed two times, when creating rs. The first time will default to #00x. The second time, the corrresponding layer will change it's name, the section has to be renamed manually. In setttings, I have rs create 1 scene, with section hidden, and camera aligned.

I have to change layer visibility so the layer with the rs group is visible. I remember doing this for different views that used the rs (perspective sections for example), but not for the main rs scene.

Once the scene and rs name is changed, I have to manually delete the original layer, (#00x)

Running win 10, x64


Dialog to small : Webdialogs are running on internet explorer (IE version 10? on windows 8, and not win 10?)
I have IE 9 i think, i will test with IE10 to find a solution.

RS name not correct after creation: behaviour of Webdialogs is not always logic : before closing the panel, you will have to leave the inputfield by selecting another control on the same panel or by using the tabulation button.

RS layers are defined 'switched off in new scenes' : to use them in another scene you will have to update once the scene after creation.

The programmers API can't purge layers, nor styles. Thus i can't clean up.
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.3 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby cesaro36 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Sorry the lack of feedback PiGa.
I'm having issues with version 0.5.3

Can't change the properties of the default created richsection.

Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `attribute_dictionary' for nil:NilClass>
c:/users/administrator/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/piga_richsection/richsection.rbs:2330:in `optionsRShRetrieve'
c:/users/administrator/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/piga_richsection/richsection.rbs:2083:in `updateRichSection1'
c:/users/administrator/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/piga_richsection/richsection.rbs:3593:in `changeOptionsRSh'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/RSpanel.rb:381:in `block in create'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/events.rb:82:in `call'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/events.rb:82:in `block in trigger_event'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/events.rb:78:in `each'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/events.rb:78:in `trigger_event'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/window.rb:364:in `event_control_callback'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/window.rb:318:in `callback_handler'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/PiGa_RichSection/SKUI/window.rb:276:in `block in add_callback'
-e:1:in `call'

SKUPro2014
Win8


regards
0

cesaro36 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] RichSection V0.5.3 UPDATED oct 2014

Postby pgarmyn » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:32 am

@cesaro36

Strange, I have also Win 8 and SU2014, without that problem.
Did you try to change the settings before creating the section?
Are you updating a RichSection created with an older plugin version?
What parameter did you modifiy?
Did you changed options in the menu plugings/RichSection/settings ?
If so, can you reset the settings for user and model and try again?
0

pgarmyn 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

PreviousNext


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kawasakippp and 22 guests

Visit our sponsors: