JointPushPull is a suite of extrusion tools operating on faces. Version 3.2 is a complete refresh of the old JointPushPull (v1.x and 2.x), with more interactivity and 3 new tools:
The common characteristics of JointPushPull Interactive Edition are:
- Support Pre-selection mode, with launch from toolbar, main menu, and contextual menu
- Interactive selection mode, where Faces can be selected across the boundaries of components and groups. Faces can then be visually dragged to desired offset
- Thickening and classic push-pull
- Options for borders: (Contour, grid, none)
- Full support of Undo / Redo, via Ctrl-Z
- Random offset for some tools and tapering for Normal and Extrude push-pull
- Quick Launcher
Note: you can safely keep the old JointPushPull v2.0, since file names are different
Just drop the attached PDF file into the SU Plugins directory to have it accessible from within Sketchup.
- Sketchup: v6, v7, v8, v13 – works better with v8 M2 and above
- Platform: Windows and Mac
- Language: English, French, Chinese (hebeijianke), Spanish-Spain (Oxer)
- Menus: by default, it is installed in Tools > Fredo6 Collection > JointPushPull
- Icon toolbar: by Default ‘JointPushPull’. At first installation all 7 icons are shown (6 tools + Quick Launcher). You can then configure which icon you wish to include in the toolbar from the Default Parameters…). Big thanks to Daniel S. for the icons.
- The plugin is free, for private and commercial usage. There is a donation menu however.
There are now multiple ways to install scripts
- SCF Plugin Store (SU8 and SU13) - recommended method
- Unzip (all SU versions and for installations in an alternate Plugins directory)
- Extension Manager with RBZ files (SU8 and SU13)
Whatever way you install, you must end up with the following footprint:
The standard SU Plugins root directories are:
Windows SU8: C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 8\Plugins
Windows SU13: C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2013/Plugins
Mac SU8: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Plugins
Mac SU13: ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2013/SketchUp/Plugins
UNZIP installation On Windows
1) Download and Open the archive
2) Select All (Ctrl A)
3) Extract into the Sketchup Plugin Directory
4) Answer YES to OVERWRITE all existing files if any
UNZIP installation on Mac OSX
1) Click on the Zip archive on Sketchucation
2) This should open the Download box with highlight on the folder Fredo6_JointPushPull and Fredo6_JointPushPull.rb
3) Copy this folder and file to the Sketchup Plugins directory
CAUTION: NEVER rename or move files from their folders. If you are unsure of your unzip operation, do it in a neutral folder and check that you reconstruct the right footprint. Then transfer the folders and files to the SU Plugin Directory.
JointPushPull can be installed in any directory, not just the Sketchup standard directory. Doing so will allow you to automatically share the same plugin version if you have several versions of Sketchup installed, and to avoid the security right restrictions for copying files to the system folders on Windows (like C:\program files). Just always make sure that the plugin folders and files are located in the same place as Fredo6_!LibFredo6.rb.
See AdditionalPluginFolders for more information.
For SU8 and SU13, the recommended method is to Autoinstall with the SCF Plugin Store.
Otherwise, here are the files for manual installation:
IMPORTANT: Requires to download LibFredo6 5.5g or higher if not already installed
CONFLICTING PLUGINS: some plugins conflicts with some of my scripts
- Some versions of Podium
To be completed
JointPushPull 3.2b – 17 Mar 14: Fixed bugs in constrained planar directions (which did not work actually)Start post for this release.
JointPushPull 3.2a – 25 Jan 14: Added a Projected mode for Vector Push-Pull.
Start post for this release.
JointPushPull 3.1a – 27 Nov 13: Release for future Sketchup Compatibility.
JointPushPull 3.0h – 29 Oct 13: Small adjustments and integration of Chinese translation (by hebeijianke)
JointPushPull 3.0g – 27 Oct 13: Initial public release