[Plugin] Gradientator v1.21

Re: [Plugin] Gradientator v1.21

Postby steve r » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:38 pm

stuartmitch wrote:Thanks Thom Thom, is there anything you don't know about???

I have tried it with adjoining and separate faces and it still doesn't seem to provide a Gradient of colors. Rather, it simply adds color 1 to the first face, color 2 to the second face and so on. Do I need to stipulate the degree of gradient somewhere?

Cheers....Scotty

It seems like the issue you might be having is with the number of faces. This plugin only applies one color to one face at a time, and doesn't sub-divide them. In the picture you've provided, it looks like you've got two different applications of the plugin, but each time it's to only three faces. So, Gradientator sees that you've got three faces selected, and just applies the three colors; no gradient needed. However, with more than three faces, it will begin to gradient to greater degrees. So, trying to replicate your image with more faces:

As you can see, it's still applying those three colors, but the "in-between" faces are getting the gradient colors, or colors that are in-between those main colors. So, the amount of gradientating you'll get is dependent on the number of faces you select at one time. Does that help?

steve r 

Postby stuartmitch » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:12 am

steve r wrote:
It seems like the issue you might be having is with the number of faces. This plugin only applies one color to one face at a time, and doesn't sub-divide them. In the picture you've provided, it looks like you've got two different applications of the plugin, but each time it's to only three faces. So, Gradientator sees that you've got three faces selected, and just applies the three colors; no gradient needed. However, with more than three faces, it will begin to gradient to greater degrees. So, trying to replicate your image with more faces:

As you can see, it's still applying those three colors, but the "in-between" faces are getting the gradient colors, or colors that are in-between those main colors. So, the amount of gradientating you'll get is dependent on the number of faces you select at one time. Does that help?

Steve,

many thanks for clarifying that for me. I had missed the point that I needed more than three faces. From the initial illustrations it had looked like only 1 face was having colours gradiented (no such word??) across it.

I've got it now. Just needed to be belted on the head a couple of times!

Cheers...>Scotty

stuartmitch 

Postby chuzhuo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 pm

its so cool!

chuzhuo 

Gradientator v1.21 -> shows error on skp 2014

Postby leefordjudes » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:26 am

It shows an error on sketchup 2014

Error Loading File gradientator.rb
Error: #<SyntaxError: C:/Users/admin/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/gradientator.rb:79: formal argument cannot be an instance variable
...ck("get_data") do |@grad_dialog,action_name|

... ^>

how to

leefordjudes 

Re: Gradientator v1.21 -> shows error on skp 2014

Postby sdmitch » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:54 pm

leefordjudes wrote:It shows an error on sketchup 2014

Error Loading File gradientator.rb
Error: #<SyntaxError: C:/Users/admin/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/gradientator.rb:79: formal argument cannot be an instance variable
...ck("get_data") do |@grad_dialog,action_name|

... ^>

how to

Using Notepad or similar text editor, simply remove the '@' in |@grad_dialog,action_name| in line 79 to this
Code: Select all
@grad_dialog.add_action_callback("get_data") do |grad_dialog,action_name|
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Box » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:35 pm

That works, Cheers Sd. :thumb:
Box 

Postby dtrarch » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:16 am

Thx a bunch Mitch.
Just plain fun to mess with. :thumbd: :thumbd:
Works too :enlight:

dtr

dtrarch 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bomastudio » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 am

In SketchUp 2015 I get the following error after the install:

Error: #<SyntaxError: C:/Users/nessuno/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/gradientator.rb:79: formal argument cannot be an instance variable
...ck("get_data") do |@grad_dialog, action_name|

... ^>
C:/Users/nessuno/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/rubytoolbar/rubytoolbar.rb:144:in `load'
C:/Users/nessuno/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/rubytoolbar/rubytoolbar.rb:144:in `rt_load'
C:/Users/nessuno/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/rubytoolbar/rubytoolbar.rb:190:in `block in <module:RubyToolbar>'
SketchUp:1:in `call'

I solved changing row 79 to the end of the do block in this way

Code: Select all
@grad_dialog.add_action_callback("get_data") do |grad_dialog, action_name|
         if action_name == "begin_gradientating"
            @grad_dialog = grad_dialog
            @coloronename = @grad_dialog.get_element_value("color_one_name")
            @colortwoname = @grad_dialog.get_element_value("color_two_name")
            @colorthreename = @grad_dialog.get_element_value("color_three_name")
            @grad_dialog.close
            gradientate(@coloronename,@colortwoname,@colorthreename,@faces,@model)
         end
         if action_name == "close_this_window"
            @grad_dialog.close
         end
      end
bomastudio 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby utiler » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:34 am

So do I. Would love to try this plugin....
purpose/expression/purpose/....
utiler 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Dave R » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:46 am

utiler wrote:So do I. Would love to try this plugin....

Andrew, did you try the solution offered by sdmitch? I just tried it and that makes it work in SU2015.
Screenshot - 11_13_2015 , 4_59_02 AM.png
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:40 pm

utiler wrote:So do I. Would love to try this plugin....
The post just before yours offers a solution viewtopic.php?p=575140#p575140, and @sdmitch gave an even simpler version a few posts earlier viewtopic.php?p=541222#p541222
Just edit the RB using a plain-text editor like Notepad++, then find the do |@grad_dialog, text around line #79, and remove the @ so it's do |grad_dialog,.
Save the RB and restart SketchUp...
Since the @grad_dialog is defined earlier it is not necessary to redefine it in the do block, so using ANY name which doesn't start with a @ will work !
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby utiler » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:42 am

Thanks Dave / TIG. Trust me to jump into a new plugin without reading through recent posts.... Cheers, I'll give it a crack tonight!
utiler 
Top SketchUcator

Postby utiler » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:28 am

;) Worked a treat, guys. Thanks!!!

I'll post in a few days what I needed it for. Glad to share.... ;)
utiler 
Top SketchUcator

Postby pilou » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Works fine! :)

domino.jpg
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Postby GianfrancoGalli » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:53 am

hi, just landed on this post. the plugin is not working in make 15/16. i can select it in both Make 15 as 16, but it's not doing anything.
i've used v1.21. downloaded it to C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 201X\SketchUp\Plugins

thanks for your thoughts!

GianfrancoGalli 

Postby sdmitch » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:27 pm

GianfrancoGalli wrote:hi, just landed on this post. the plugin is not working in make 15/16. i can select it in both Make 15 as 16, but it's not doing anything.
i've used v1.21. downloaded it to C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 201X\SketchUp\Plugins

thanks for your thoughts!

http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=323%26amp;t=45951%26amp;p=601292#p541222
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Plugins