# Distribution of this software for any purpose is subject to:
# - the expressed, written consent of the author
# - the inclusion of the present copyright notice in all copies.
Please UPGRADE to this latest version 1.9b if you run SU 2017 or any version on Mac.
SUClock helps you to track the effective time spent in Sketchup. The concept of effective time is based on the activity recorded within a certain duration, called idle time, which is a kind of ‘time to think’ (or the time to have a coffee).
Time is tracked in a Project, which can group several .skp models. A Project is simply materialized by a file with extension .suclock to which you attach your models.
SUClock optionally displays a small clock showing the effective time spent in the project which your models are attached to. It also includes some statistics about where the time was spent (by models, by tools, by dates) which can be printed or exported in CSV.
- Language: English, French, Spanish, Italian
- Menus: by default, it is installed in Tools > Fredo6 Collection > SUClock
- Icon toolbar: by Default ‘Fredo6 Tools (only one icon)
- The plugin is free, for private and commercial usage. There is a donation menu however.
If you run SU8 and above, the strongly recommended installation method is to Autoinstall with the SCF Plugin Store tool.
Otherwise, you can download the SUClock rbz file from the Plugin Store page for SUClock.
IMPORTANT: Requires to download LibFredo6 7.4c or higher if not already installed
There are now multiple ways to install scripts
- SCF Plugin Store (SU8 and SU13) - recommended method
- Unzip (all SU versions and for installations in an alternate Plugins directory)
- Extension Manager with RBZ files (SU8 and SU13)
Whatever way you install, you must end up with the following footprint:
The standard SU Plugins root directories are:
Windows SU8: C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 8\Plugins
Windows SU13: C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2013/Plugins
Windows SU14: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp\Plugins
Mac SU8: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Plugins
Mac SU13: ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2013/SketchUp/Plugins
Mac SU14: ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins
CAUTION: NEVER rename or move files from their folders. If you are unsure of your unzip operation, do it in a neutral folder and check that you reconstruct the right footprint. Then transfer the folders and files to the SU Plugin Directory.
Note for SU6 and SU7 users, download the rbz file from the plugin store page, and change its extension from .rbz to .zip
1) Open the zip archive
2) Select All (Ctrl A)
3) Extract into the Sketchup Plugin Directory
4) Answer YES to OVERWRITE all existing files if any
5) Make sure you get the correct footprint (one rb file and one folder)
CONFLICTING PLUGINS: some plugins conflicts with some of my scripts
- Some versions of Podium
- To Track time in a model, just click the small watch icon. A dialog box will appear where you can attach the model to a newly created project or to an existing project.
- for a New tracking project, you indicate the name and location of a suclock file
- for an Existing tracking project, you just select an existing suclock file or one of the recent projects
- You can further access the parameters of the Tracking project by clicking on the small wrench icon of the visual clock, or on the SUClock toolbar icon. From the dialog box,
- you can change the idle time value, in minutes
- you can access the statistics
Likewise, if you intend to share projects across the network, read carefully the documentation on how to configure SUClock temporary files.
SUClock 1.9b – 30 Jan 17: Fixed bug on Mac
SUClock 1.9a – 16 Jan 17: Small refresh for cosmetic of dialog boxes
SUClock 1.8a – 13 Nov 15: Maintenance release
SUClock 1.7a – 20 Oct 14: Fix a major bug in display of clock introduced by LibFredo6 6.1.
SUClock 1.6a – 20 Oct 14: Release for non-ascii usernames
SUClock 1.5a – 27 Nov 13: Release for future Sketchup compatibility
SUClock 1.3a – 08 Oct 11: Technical release for compliance with OSX Lion and Safari 5.1
SUClock 1.2a – 03 Jun 11: several small functional enhancements
- alarm to target
- configuration of height of clock window (to avoid cropping)
- possibility to configure for network sharing
- Reset and import from other projects
- More export format
SUClock 1.1b – 19 May 11: added an extra column with Excel formatted date for the CSV export of view by Day/Month.
SUClock 1.1a – 17 Apr 11: initial public release.