[Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0 (Update 2011-04-09)

Postby lele_poggi » Thu May 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Very good application.
I have a only one problem: when i do a render animation with vray it starts slowly and i have to wait a long time. :cry:
This happens only with a simple cube
Anyone have this problem?
gsa | Gabriele Sacchi architetto
http://www.gs-a.it
lele_poggi 

Postby macgile » Thu May 12, 2011 9:18 pm

lele_poggi wrote:Very good application.
I have a only one problem: when i do a render animation with vray it starts slowly and i have to wait a long time. :cry:
This happens only with a simple cube
Anyone have this problem?

hi lele_poggi

try to reduce the number of frames between of keys.
because vray render each frame interpoled by sketchup between scenes.

best regard :)

macgile 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby isda » Sat May 28, 2011 2:20 am

dbalex wrote:yes I thought of that also so I installed bezier.rb again with no results.. will try it on my other computer when I have time and will let you know if it works on that one. Thanks!

dbalex, have you had any success with this plugin? I have experience the same problem and tried doing everything that was suggested also (reset all my shortcuts to default, tried a number of bezier scripts from original to thomthom's bezier and I am also using SU8 and Windows 7) but still could not make it work... a very good plugin if only we could make it work... HELP please!!!

isda 

Postby dbalex » Sat May 28, 2011 9:21 am

No it still only works partially for me but I didn't try the new version, I will do it soon and reply here. We should wait for the next release when bezier.rb will not be needed anymore, maybe that will make it work for us..

dbalex 

Postby macgile » Sat May 28, 2011 11:47 am

dbalex wrote:No it still only works partially for me but I didn't try the new version, I will do it soon and reply here. We should wait for the next release when bezier.rb will not be needed anymore, maybe that will make it work for us..

Hi dbalex :)

Currently I am looking for a way not to use Bezier curves.
I test the natural cubic spline and B-spline.
The cubic spline requires too much precision in their adjustment to smooth the path.
The B-spline is my preference because it is more accurate than Beziers and less than the Cubic Spline.
But the algorithm is very greedy for the moment.
So maybe I'll use both.

To correct the bug in edit mode:
I used the old pick_point_to_move method of bezier.rb
This method has been corrected in the new version (see viewtopic.php?f=323&t=30973)
Thank's TT and Fredo

you can make the following changes
in file camera_key_maker.rb:

in
def pick_point_to_move (x, y, view)

change:

if ph.pick_segment @points_eye
path = "eye"
@selection = ph.pick_segment @points_eye
elsif ph.pick_segment @points_target
path = "target"
@selection = ph.pick_segment @points_target
end

by :

if ph.pick_segment(@points_eye, x, y)
path = "eye"
@selection = ph.pick_segment(@points_eye, x, y)
elsif ph.pick_segment(@points_target, x, y)
path = "target"
@selection = ph.pick_segment(@points_target, x, y)
end

Best Regard :)

macgile 

Postby dbalex » Sun May 29, 2011 12:59 pm

perfect! it's fully working now! thanks for this incredible plugin macgile! finally some decent animation in sketchup!

dbalex 

Postby isda » Sun May 29, 2011 4:36 pm

macgile, i have edited the script as you suggested and it's working fine with me, too. thanks very much, i can now move the camera keys from all views now. I have another question... have you tried using this on a walkthrough? I seem to lose the camera angle even if I edit the camera path and the target to make sure that I see my models as I glide through them. the line between the key and the target does not seem to be what it is supposed to be when I hit up button..

going around a single model is a breeze but zigzagging through different models is a different story.

hope this script really develops into a plugin all of us cannot do without... keep it up, sir. thanks much!!!

isda 

Postby macgile » Sun May 29, 2011 7:51 pm

isda wrote:macgile, i have edited the script as you suggested and it's working fine with me, too. thanks very much, i can now move the camera keys from all views now. I have another question... have you tried using this on a walkthrough? I seem to lose the camera angle even if I edit the camera path and the target to make sure that I see my models as I glide through them. the line between the key and the target does not seem to be what it is supposed to be when I hit up button..

going around a single model is a breeze but zigzagging through different models is a different story.

hope this script really develops into a plugin all of us cannot do without... keep it up, sir. thanks much!!!

hi isda :)

The final path of the eye and the target is smoothed by Bezier interpolation.
you can see into view because they are drawn dashed.
Consider the offset between keys and smoothed path to adjust the control keys.

In the next version this offset will be smaller, and higher accuracy.

I also added the ability to move around the target (the locked or not)
or rotate the eye of the camera.
This should facilitate the zigzagging between objects.

Your suggestions are welcomed :)

macgile 

Postby driven » Sun May 29, 2011 9:56 pm

this is basically working on the mac using ShiftQ, and mac arrow keycodes, the html needs some work as you need to right click after the dialog appears to load the page content, but then it works.

is it possible to loop over an object, the camera rotates twice with this path [see pic]

cheers

john
loopAnim.png
learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby macgile » Sun May 29, 2011 10:16 pm

driven wrote:this is basically working on the mac using ShiftQ, and mac arrow keycodes, the html needs some work as you need to right click after the dialog appears to load the page content, but then it works.

is it possible to loop over an object, the camera rotates twice with this path [see pic]

cheers

john
loopAnim.png

hi driven :)
I don't understand what you want?
in the picture the camera rotates around object but look to outside!!!!

macgile 

Postby driven » Sun May 29, 2011 11:18 pm

hi macgile

sorry that path pic was me trying to edit out the camera rotate,
on this simple version the camera rotates on scene 4.

john
loop2.png
learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby isda » Mon May 30, 2011 12:30 pm

In the next version this offset will be smaller, and higher accuracy.

Hi Macgile,

Can't wait to try the next version (I don't mean to pressure you by this.. haha (= ). God bless you in your pursuit to excellence.

The ability to rotate the eye of the camera is a great idea, as well.

I don't know if I am pushing the limit but I remember one 3D software where you can see the camera on the path and being able to see (from the top view) in what direction the cam is facing much like the AdvanceCameraTool... but anyways, as it is, I believe this plugin is great already.. kudos to you.

isda 

Postby macgile » Mon May 30, 2011 2:21 pm

isda wrote:In the next version this offset will be smaller, and higher accuracy.

Hi Macgile,

Can't wait to try the next version (I don't mean to pressure you by this.. haha (= ). God bless you in your pursuit to excellence.

The ability to rotate the eye of the camera is a great idea, as well.

I don't know if I am pushing the limit but I remember one 3D software where you can see the camera on the path and being able to see (from the top view) in what direction the cam is facing much like the AdvanceCameraTool... but anyways, as it is, I believe this plugin is great already.. kudos to you.

hi isda
yes drarq already suggesting this improvement.
but it will be for a future release.
now I made ​​a version that works for everyone (PC and MAC OS)
I fix bugs and improve the design.

best regards

macgile 

Postby putnik » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 am

macgile, this is awesome! Thank you!

putnik 

Postby macgile » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:09 am

putnik wrote:macgile, this is awesome! Thank you!

Thank's putnik :)

best regard

macgile 

Postby macgile » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:11 am

driven wrote:hi macgile

sorry that path pic was me trying to edit out the camera rotate,
on this simple version the camera rotates on scene 4.

john
loop2.png

hi driven :)
Ok in the next release you can do it with rotate around camera target.

best regard

macgile 

Re: [Plugin] CameraKeyMaker 1.0

Postby alphannurridho » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 am

Pixero wrote:Just did a quick test and it's supersmooth.
Love it already.

please tell me how i can make video from sketchup with render image..

alphannurridho 

Postby Enzay » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:38 am

Hey,

I noticed you updated something for "large models". Mine might be excessively large but I'm trying to get a "flightpath" along a road and acrross a bridge. This looks like it would work great for that because it is able to set the camera point and the point of focus. I however, found that starting the script made the model disappear. It seems to have zoomed way out and I can't zoom in to set the camera position. Wondering if this has to do with the model being so large. My road chainage is around 2.6km. I tried using flightpath.rb but it still has the lag between scenes with 0 scene delay so it's not doing me much good.

Has anyone thought about making a script that places points or cameras (like advanced camera tools) and connects those points afterwards to make a smooth path? That would allow the user to set points without "being" the camera. Just some thoughts...

Enzay.

Enzay 

Postby DesignChest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:45 am

Hi

Just tried to install your plug in but i'm getting the error box - no file to load. Any ideas?

DesignChest 

Postby TIG » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 am

DesignChest wrote:Hi
Just tried to install your plug in but I'm getting the error box - no file to load. Any ideas?
Celina

Please get a screen-capture of the error-message and post it that way we can then try to help solve the issue. I suspect from what you say here and other of your posts that you are not installing these plugins properly...
Please reread the installation instructions that accompany almost all Plugins
This thread covers many issues viewtopic.php?f=323&t=35746
Also as a MAC user please double check you are using the right Plugins folder and that any files that are supplied in a subfolder within a zip file are left inside an equivalent subfolder inside the Plugins folder - some poor [or badly optioned] unzip tools ignore the subfolders and don't extract properly. Also if you have inadvertently put any such files into Plugins that shouldn't be there please remove them before restarting Sketchup as these could we cause unexpected problems as all scripts directly within Plugins will auto-load...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby DesignChest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks Tig

I knew it must be something i was not doing. Will follow your instructs and fingers crossed I'll be on my way. I have had a bit of headway with some of the installs now.

Trying to get my animations up to scratch for a client whom I am hoping to design a great film set for. So used to hand drafting that the world of sketchup is just opening up to me, so bear with me - a little green still.

]

DesignChest 

Postby Viztecture » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:44 am

Great plugin! Couple of questions tho,

How do you control the speed of the animation after turning it into scenes. I say this because on the model I have, I get only one very slow speed regardless of how many transition frames I use, i have used numbers from 1 to 999 and I see no difference.

Also does this actually work with Vray? If so does anyone know how?

Cheers

Viztecture 

Postby Viztecture » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:28 am

Ok I used scene transitions.rb and it works a treat now. New problem now lol. The animation is not smooth, im still getting jumps as the camera slows towards the next scene. Its fine on the preview however... any suggestions?

Viztecture 

Postby Viztecture » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:00 am

Ok think I got it, in preferences, SU scene transitions need to be longer than the actual keymaker transitions, i.e max 100 secs. This seems to smooth over the animation and stops SU taking over. Im still confused why i have to workaround this, guess im doing something wrong

*EDIT . actually that hasn't worked :roll:

Viztecture 

Postby jcohen71 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:23 pm

I tried to use CameraKeyMaker on a Mac running Sketchup 8, but ran in to the same problem others have mentioned: I cannot seem to find an equivilant key combination to Alt-Q used on Windows, and so I can't place any camera keys. (neither Opt-Q or Ctrl-Q work for me)

If there's a simple fix for this I'd love to hear about it, otherwise I'll eagerly wait for the next version. This seems like a great tool that we could use on many projects.

Best Regards,

Joshua Cohen
Fat Pencil Studio
+1.503.465.4533
info@fatpencilstudio.com
jcohen71 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby driven » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:59 pm

jcohen71 wrote:If there's a simple fix for this I'd love to hear about it,

in camera_key_maker.rb
I changed line 387 to read
Code: Select all
if key == 81 and $preview == false

I then did a search and replace for the word Alt and replaced it with Shift,

so Shift+ Q works on my mac...

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TIG » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:26 pm

I do not know this tool in any detail... but in passing... I see that there are $ global variables like '$preview' these are dangerous - especially if they have simplistic names [like 'preview'] as other authors might have used them [ill-advisedly] too, as globals works across all scripts in that session - better to use '@preview' as an instance variable, or '@@preview' as a class variable, to hold your data specifically for your own tool so such potential clashes are avoided... :geek:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby macgile » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:46 am

TIG wrote:I do not know this tool in any detail... but in passing... I see that there are $ global variables like '$preview' these are dangerous - especially if they have simplistic names [like 'preview'] as other authors might have used them [ill-advisedly] too, as globals works across all scripts in that session - better to use '@preview' as an instance variable, or '@@preview' as a class variable, to hold your data specifically for your own tool so such potential clashes are avoided... :geek:

Yes TIG

when I developed this plugin I had only one months experience the ruby language and API sketchup.
certainly you will find other errors of this type in the source, but I perfecting every day.
in the next release several beginner mistakes are corrected but it will remain.

best regard :)

macgile 

Postby vtrdo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:11 pm

hi guys

i have here a bit strange behavior of the plug ..

I have set up simple fly-around with 10 camera Keys - previews look perfect , smooth and going exactly as we want... ... camera follows busier curve ...till this moment everything is nice and easy

problems are: :arrow:
1/after i press the ENTER even if i change the number for Frames between each key I always get 19 scenes .. is this correct?
2/ :!: bigger one scenes which were produced change the Field of View and positions now it is in position is same as the key ...

What can i do to get result same as Preview ... or do i have to set up properly the Keys and forget what the preview is showing??

many thanks!!!!

vtrdo 

Postby majid » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:17 pm

:( I can't run it at all!!!! any conflict with other plugs?
where I must seek it? plugin menu? tools menu?
how can I activate it's toolbar (ui) please?
My V-Ray book for architects: https://goo.gl/cz1oRc
majid 
Top SketchUcator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins