[Plugin] Skelion (solar, shadows)

Re: [Plugin] Skelion (solar, shadows)

Postby tald311 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Greetings,

I am having issues getting the Relief terrain to import. I have tried it on both SU 2016 and 2017. I use the location tool to geo-locate and then Relief but the window hangs and just continues to process without importing any data.

I have tried this both at home (no firewall) and work (we have a firewall - but we checked it to make sure it was not being blocked).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Daniel

tald311 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby phunter10 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi Juantxo,

We are also having the same problem as tald311 in regards to the relief feature. Is this no longer supported in the latest sketch version of 2016 onwards?

best,

PH

phunter10 

Postby phunter10 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:30 pm

hi Juantxo,

Is relief feature not supported in the latest version of sketch up 2016-2017? We are trying to capture part of the terrain over cave creek Arizona.

Regards,

PH

phunter10 

Postby Juantxo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Just update to skelion 521. Some address changed and relief tool stop working. It is fixed in 521.
Juantxo 

Postby Smexystef » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi,

When I place panels their borders (edges) look white in a certain perspective. We've gotten clients who've asked why the panels had a white border while we offered them full black panels. How can we avoid this?

Also, is Skelion still being worked on? Last update seems to be almost a year ago.

Smexystef 

Meteorological Data Setting Error

Postby girish0105 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Whenever i try to set the meteoroogical data in skelion i get this error "Waiting for Web Service Response"

girish0105 

Postby Juantxo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Update to last version ( 523 October 2018).
You need Internet Explorer 11 (You must update if you not have)
Set Internet Explorer 11- Internet Options - Security to the minimum possible.
ie11security.JPG

Best
Juantxo 

Postby danniejackson » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:17 am

I should have found this plugin earlier. I just started using it this week on passive and active solar design models for green built homes. I have made some models for solar space heating panels and used them in my SketchUp designs, and looked at solar radiation on windows and solar gain using a little math to devise Representative solar gain figures for windows.

What I want to say the most about this plugin is that it is way easier to use than some of those plugins for use with coupling DOE and NREL software with SketchUp. You can get started right away and get that data you really want for designing solar homes.

I am writing about my experience with this plugin in my models and some of the devices I have design with it such as solar space heating panels. https://solarparadigmdesign.wordpress.com

danniejackson 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Plugins