[Plugin] Select Curve

Re: [Plugin] Select Curve

Postby Mythos » Mon May 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Dave R wrote:why not just double click on the face?

Certainly you are right, but then you have to press SHIFT wait a second (to avoid tripple clicking) and then you have to click again to deselect the face (since you only want the edges be selected). It would be much more convenient to have a curve-only selection tool that even can select the edges of a clicked face.

Mythos 

Postby cotty » Tue May 13, 2014 7:04 am

Mythos wrote:Thank you very much for this plugin. I like a lot! I want to propose a little improvement: Would it be possible to let the user even click on a face to automatically select all edges by this tool?

A quick way for this: select outer edges (Chris Fullmer) with a shortcut assigned
cotty 
Top SketchUcator

Postby thomthom » Tue May 13, 2014 8:45 am

I use Selection Toys to quickly filter out entity types. I have Edges on Ctrl+1 and Faces on Ctrl+2, Groups and Components on Ctrl+3 and Ctrl+4.
Then I have Ctrl+Shift+n to deselect. Those shortcuts are easily accessible to my left hand which is always on the keyboard while I model. Quite flexible setup.
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Mythos » Tue May 13, 2014 10:05 am

thomthom wrote:I use Selection Toys to quickly filter out entity types. I have Edges on Ctrl+1 and Faces on Ctrl+2, Groups and Components on Ctrl+3 and Ctrl+4.

Nice, I change my hotkeys to use this setup too. But I think it would be very intuitive to have the normal select operation (which selects the face first) and a curve-based select operation (which forcly grabs the edges even if applied on faces). Since the "Select Curve" plugin currently doesn't operate at all on faces it would be just a nice addition that makes the "Select Curve" tool a little bit more powerful.

Mythos 

Postby Iltis » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:08 am

Hello @thomthom, thank you very much for this very usefull plugin.

Is there a way to add a modified cursor? (I can draw it if you tell me the specifications.)
Iltis 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Plugins