CountFacesBySides counts the faces by number of sides (3, 4 and more) in the model or in the selection (if any), recursively.
The script indicates the total number of faces as well as the number of unique faces (i.e. counting faces only once per component).
It also shows the number of lonely edges if any as well as the area for all selected faces.
This comes from a user request by ken28875 (see http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=30952#p272037)
CountFacesBySides is now installed as part of FredoTools.
See the main post for this plugin for Installation
No user manual (see section Quick Start below)
- Language: English, French and Spanish (Diego-Rodriguez)
- Menus: by default, it is installed in Tools > FredoTools > Count Faces by Sides and also appears in the Contextual menu when there is at least one face, group or component in the current selection
- Icon toolbar: Fredo6 Tools - Icon not shown by default
- The plugin is free, for private and commercial usage.
- Select menu Tools > FredoTools > CountFacesBySides
- If no selection, the script will apply to the whole active_model
- On the selection, you can also use the contextual menu Count Faces by Sides
- A dialog box shows the counts of faces, by category (Count is also displayed in the status bar)
For each type of face, it shows the total number of faces and the number of unique faces between parentheses (i.e. counting components only once)
CountFacesBySides 1.5a - 19 Dec 11: Now part of FredoTools. Also, added count of vertices and fixed errors in the calculation of total area
CountFacesBySides 1.4 - 14 Jan 11 - 10:45 CET: added calculation of area in current units
CountFacesBySides 1.3 - 19 Sep 10 - 17:15 CET: added Spanish translation, thanks to Diego-Rodriguez
CountFacesBySides 1.2 - 19 Sep 10 - 08:45 CET: dialog box display and count of lonely edges
CountFacesBySides 1.1 - 18 Sep 10 - 21:45 CET: count both total and unique faces
CountFacesBySides 1.0 - 18 Sep 10 - 18:00 CET: initial release