[Plugin] Make Fur v.2.1.0(20140323)

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby eidam655 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:46 pm

i get it.

at your settings, i have to keep the face's area under 64m2 (that is 8x8m) so that the grass is created on the whole face. i don't know whence comes this limitation.
0
SketchUp 8, V-Ray 1.49.01
User avatar
eidam655 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby eidam655 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:49 pm

but then again, it only seems to be a preview issue, the grass generates without problems on bigger faces.
0
SketchUp 8, V-Ray 1.49.01
User avatar
eidam655 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby FGomes » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 pm

eidam655 wrote:i get it.

at your settings, i have to keep the face's area under 64m2 (that is 8x8m) so that the grass is created on the whole face. i don't know whence comes this limitation.


I didnt understand what you meon with this...

And its not an preview issue. The fur is only made on that places!

I really would like to make this correctly... does any one knows how to make this?

Thanks
0

FGomes 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby eidam655 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:38 pm

jdcamc wrote:Help! I'm doing something wrong. Here is my setup:
Screen Shot 2012-01-24 at 7.03.24 AM copy.png

and my render:
Screen Shot 2012-01-24 at 7.06.18 AM copy.png

As you can see, the grass is just little green dots and the rendering shows nothing at all. What am I doing wrong? :?:


FGomes, read this post again :) there's a preview button (the green dots you are getting), and Make Fur button (which will then generate the fur geometry).
0
SketchUp 8, V-Ray 1.49.01
User avatar
eidam655 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby FGomes » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:23 pm

eidam655 wrote:
jdcamc wrote:Help! I'm doing something wrong. Here is my setup:
Screen Shot 2012-01-24 at 7.03.24 AM copy.png

and my render:
Screen Shot 2012-01-24 at 7.06.18 AM copy.png

As you can see, the grass is just little green dots and the rendering shows nothing at all. What am I doing wrong? :?:


FGomes, read this post again :) there's a preview button (the green dots you are getting), and Make Fur button (which will then generate the fur geometry).


ok ... half the problem solved. Actually appeared in the preview only half the area covered, but after making the fur, the distribution was throughout the area.

However, the distribution was not homogeneous. There are areas with more grass than others.

This is strange... everyone does fantastic grass with theis plugin... I only encounter problems! :?:
0

FGomes 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby Ineshtine » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 am

FGomes wrote:ok ... half the problem solved. Actually appeared in the preview only half the area covered, but after making the fur, the distribution was throughout the area.

However, the distribution was not homogeneous. There are areas with more grass than others.

This is strange... everyone does fantastic grass with theis plugin... I only encounter problems! :?:



I have the same issue with the green dots and the distribution. You're not the only one.
0
What? you haven't tried Raylectron yet?
User avatar
Ineshtine 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby tak2hata » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:18 am

Ineshtine wrote:
FGomes wrote:ok ... half the problem solved. Actually appeared in the preview only half the area covered, but after making the fur, the distribution was throughout the area.

However, the distribution was not homogeneous. There are areas with more grass than others.

This is strange... everyone does fantastic grass with theis plugin... I only encounter problems! :?:



I have the same issue with the green dots and the distribution. You're not the only one.

Hi,Ineshtine and FGomes.
The previewing with too many green dots will be very slowly manipulation.
So It is limited.

And Making fur will makes sketchup model larger.
So "MaxNumber(/Face) " limits density each faces.
Setting "MaxNumber(/Face) " to large will make density same to each faces.

But be carefully.It will make file to very large.

Thanks.
0
-----------
by TAK2HATA

tak2hata 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby Ineshtine » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:14 am

Yes, indeed. But this is not the problem. The real problem is, the grass generation is not evenly distributed (sometimes). There is more grass on some areas (looks like big triangles). It does this with the green dots, and also when making the fur.

I have a suggestion. Can you implement clipping for the crowd? If we use a wide object instead of a tall object (like people), they go over the face edges. It would be nice if they clip, or moves inside so they don't go over the edges.

BTW, Thanks for this fantastic plugin, I love it.
0
What? you haven't tried Raylectron yet?
User avatar
Ineshtine 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby Snowy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks a lot! can't wait to try this.
0

Snowy 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby djdamian » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:51 pm

How can i get it?

:idea:
0

djdamian 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby TIG » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 pm

djdamian wrote:How can i get it?
:idea:
Assuming you want the 'plugin'... please look at the very first post in this thread.
There is a download link to get the archived files, and a detailed instruction on how to install it.
More recent posts include several enhancements to the toolset - read those and download their files once you are up and running...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby Lana » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:05 am

Very, very thanks. :fecstatic:
0
User avatar
Lana 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby dairybrylle » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:58 am

Hey! I am so thankful for this plugin, just tried it earlier and I am very pleased for its result! thank you so much!! :))
0

dairybrylle 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby cas_123 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi, how can I download this plugin? Probably my browser blocks this.
0

cas_123 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby TIG » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:20 pm

cas_123 wrote:Hi, how can I download this plugin? Probably my browser blocks this.
Disable 'AdBlock' add-ons etc for SCF - just as you agreed in the membership ToS - then attachments should become available to you after a 'refresh'...
0
TIG
User avatar
TIG 
Global Moderator
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby cas_123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Thank you, I downloaded it via IE. I put this unwrapped folder 'fur_en15a' in folder 'Plugins' in SketchUp files but it doesn't work. What should I do?
0

cas_123 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby Ineshtine » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:00 pm

cas_123 wrote:Thank you, I downloaded it via IE. I put this unwrapped folder 'fur_en15a' in folder 'Plugins' in SketchUp files but it doesn't work. What should I do?


You must unzip it to that folder.
0
What? you haven't tried Raylectron yet?
User avatar
Ineshtine 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby cas_123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 pm

I did but it doesn't work :/
0

cas_123 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby Ineshtine » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:46 pm

cas_123 wrote:I did but it doesn't work :/


Make sure that the fur_en folder and the fur_en.rb file is in your ..Sketchup\Plugins\ folder and re-start Sketchup if it was already opened.

if that doesn't work still, then let me ask.. what doesn't work? The fur plugin? or it's not in your Plugin menu? Give me some clues.
0
What? you haven't tried Raylectron yet?
User avatar
Ineshtine 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby cas_123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Thank you very much, the problem was that I had it all in fur_en15a folder (not.zip), instead of having it autonomously in Plugins folder, now it works, thanks a lot and sorry for keeping on at you.
0

cas_123 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby Zacchia » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for this very helpful plugin! I will use it for carpets.

Is it possilbe to delete a preset I saved ? How?
0

Zacchia 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby slapfoot » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Ineshtine wrote:Yes, indeed. But this is not the problem. The real problem is, the grass generation is not evenly distributed (sometimes). There is more grass on some areas (looks like big triangles). It does this with the green dots, and also when making the fur.

I have a suggestion. Can you implement clipping for the crowd? If we use a wide object instead of a tall object (like people), they go over the face edges. It would be nice if they clip, or moves inside so they don't go over the edges.

BTW, Thanks for this fantastic plugin, I love it.


Anyone have a solution to this problem? I've encountered the same issue. Even just drawing a simple rectangle and generating the grass - the fur is concentrated in these triangle shapes.
0

slapfoot 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby slapfoot » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 pm

"The real problem is, the grass generation is not evenly distributed (sometimes). There is more grass on some areas (looks like big triangles). It does this with the green dots, and also when making the fur."

Any solution to this issue yet? I'm experiencing the same problem (using SK8 if that helps). Even when generating fur on a simple rectangular face - the fur distributes unevenly into these weird triangles. So i'll be left with fur concentrated triangles and then more sparse regions. Any help would be most appreciated!

- slapfoot
0

slapfoot 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby tak2hata » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:38 am

slapfoot wrote:"The real problem is, the grass generation is not evenly distributed (sometimes). There is more grass on some areas (looks like big triangles). It does this with the green dots, and also when making the fur."

Any solution to this issue yet? I'm experiencing the same problem (using SK8 if that helps). Even when generating fur on a simple rectangular face - the fur distributes unevenly into these weird triangles. So i'll be left with fur concentrated triangles and then more sparse regions. Any help would be most appreciated!

- slapfoot

Hi,slapfoot.
The generating method was not improved.
Please set the large value to "MaxNumber(/Face) :".
But too many furs will make the model file size too large.
Please notice about this.

Thanks
0
-----------
by TAK2HATA

tak2hata 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby cricrichan1984 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Thank you!! :)
That a sweet plugin
0

cricrichan1984 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby jujepoy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:35 am

where to download?
0

jujepoy 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby thomthom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am

jujepoy wrote:where to download?

In the first post on the first page of this thread.
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby cucumuda » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:37 pm

how to i get the plugin?
can u tell me how to download the plugin.... :)
the plugin very nice....
0

cucumuda 
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby Pilou » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Click on this link ;)
it's the same than the current version that you can find on the first post of this thread!

Download it Unzip and put it on the Plugins folder!
0
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
User avatar
Pilou 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] Make Fur (Updated - v.1.5a Thu Oct 28, 2010)

Postby jujepoy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 am

pls help me where to download this plug.in
0

jujepoy 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

PreviousNext


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], darrenjw, function, Google Feedfetcher and 2 guests

Visit our sponsors: