[Plugin] Extrude Edges by Loft

Re: [Plugin] Extrude Edges by Loft

Postby TIG » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks rclub24...
As you say, firstly in the case of most of the EEby.. tools the profile[s] and rail[s] must be 'curves' [probably better thought of a 'polylines' - as they are not necessarily what many think of as 'curves' ?] - you can easily use weld.rb to fix them if they are not !
Secondly use the EEby.. tool that's best suited for what you want to make - here it's EEbyRails not EEbyLoft ???***
Read the tools' guides, look at what other exciting things users are doing with these tools, and above all keep experimenting [and asking when in problems]...
In passing... your model has some problems - Layer0 and another is "off" - don't put geometry on separate layers - model on Layer) and then put groups/component-instances on layers to control visibility - it doesn't separate geometry so you can't weld the 'hoops' into a curve because they are split by geometry on layers that are not visible !!! Though I suspect EEbyRails is what you want NOT EEbyLoft anyway*** ???
:ugeek:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Rich O Brien » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 am

@TIG

it's always a pleasure to try explain the best way to utilise your toolset. Anytime you post solutions you clearly explain the merits of exploring different approaches. Still find it hard to understand the terminology you guys use at times. But that's half the battle!

Cheers,
Rich
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby lildavido » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi there,

I have tried all the suggestions with the copy pasting , and the line to start and stop.
But i am encountering problems with the loft tool. As it keeps twisting sometimes but sometimes it works., but now i cant seem to find any faces.
When i try and loft it , it makes 0 faces. here's the skp file. and what i want to achieve.
Basically making a curved truss . As shown on the left.

Thanks for your help. its a weird prob... :roll:

lildavido 

Postby TIG » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:41 am

Here's v1.7 with a 'Quad Face' option [smoothed diagonals] added to complement thomthom's Quad-Tools.
See here for notes and link to the zipped toolset viewtopic.php?p=231016#p231016
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Here's v1.8 with a 'Quad Face' option [smoothed+hidden+soft diagonals] added to complement thomthom's imminent Quad-Tools.
See here for notes and link to the zipped toolset viewtopic.php?p=231016#p231016
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Here's an update v1.9 viewtopic.php?p=231016#p231016
Smooth now ignores edges with only one face...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Here's update v2.0 viewtopic.php?p=231016#p231016
The Quad Faces option now meets Thomthom's latest specs... See the notes and get in from the linked zipped set...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby thomthom » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:38 pm

:thumb: :thumb:

Good stuff TIG. Very speedy updates.
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TIG » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:40 pm

I only needed to change one line of code in two files !
Writing the version notes etc, assembling the zipped file and editing the forum threads took most of the time :roll:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby newson888 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 am

:ecstatic: great

newson888 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous