A selection of tools to assist in UV mapping textures.
- View > Toolbars > UV Toolkit²
- Plugins > UV Toolkit²
- Quad-Face > Right-Click > UV Clipboard
Fit Texture to Quad-faces (2.0.0)
Copy UV Co-ordinates (2.1.0)
Paste UV Co-ordinates (2.1.0)
Allows you to copy the way a texture is mapped on a quad-face to another quad-face. (See video for demonstration.)
UV Memory (2.1.0)
Use only on triangles and quad-faces.
Fit Texture to Quad-faces
Will try to fit the texture of the current material onto all quad-faces in the selection. The texture should fit once across the face, no tiling.
- Select a textured material. (Make it the current one in the Painbucket tool.)
- Select all the quad-faces you want to apply the texture to. (Anything else will be ignored.)
- Plugins->UV Toolkit->Fit Texture to Quad-faces
- The faces has to have only four corners. (Before 0.2.0b a quad-face could only have four vertices.)
- Orientation is not uniform.
- Texture is currently mapped to front faces only.
Rotate QF 90/180/270 Degrees (0.3.0b)
Rotates the orientation of the textures on the quad-face. Will cause unexpected results if the texture isn't fit to a quad-face.
Frontface to Backface / Backface to Frontface (0.3.0b)
Transfers the material from one side of the face to the other. UV mapping will be mirrored.
- 'Fit Texture to Quad-faces' places the texture arbitrary.
- Rotation methods only rotates the front face.
- SketchUp 7 or newer - ( Other versions untested )
- TT_Lib2 (v2.5.0)