[Plugin] BezierSpline - v1.7a - 19 Oct 14

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby Scott M » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Need help loading this file.I saved it to desktop and exracted to su 8 plugins restarted su 8 but it is not there.I see that the file ext. is efw how do I get it to load as rb. I am new to plugins.
0

Scott M 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby Gaieus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:01 pm

efw? I have never seen that. Maybe try to rename it to rb (or rbs)?
Also, Bezier Spline may need to be enabled under Window > Preferences > Extensions (and then you find a whole toolbar for it under View > Toolbars)
0
User avatar
Gaieus 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby LannorMov » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Scott M wrote:Need help loading this file.I saved it to desktop and exracted to su 8 plugins restarted su 8 but it is not there.I see that the file ext. is efw how do I get it to load as rb. I am new to plugins.

Scott M. you excuse my English is not so good. I use Sket8. What I did was to delete the first folder icons (without removing the internal folder containing the images), because it appeared to me the bar and showed me and the bar, but no picture and then I went back to get Images folder in the folder icons (which is the same, what happens is that it comes two in one) and do not know why but it appeared to me and icons. Not if you understand me, maybe you serve.
0

LannorMov 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby danbig » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:47 am

I have a question:

First, let me add my thanks to the many who have already said it: this tool should ship with SketchUp, and it really provides some key functionality.

I'm curious about the details of how you control the curves of a bezier curve: this plugin seems to have a different mode of control than say, Illustrator or even LayOut. In each of the latter programs, curves can be controlled with the two-sided handle, as shown here:


My question really has two parts:

1. Is the functionality of the bezier curves in this plugin the same as the curves in Illustrator and LayOut?
2. Would it be possible to change the mode of curve control to the two-sided handles for this plugin?
0

danbig 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby thomthom » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:15 am

The Bezier curves you see in Illustrator and similar are series of Bezier curves connected together. While the splines in this plugin are all one segment.

It would be interesting to see a variant like you describe, would allow for better local control.
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby tfdesign » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:34 pm

This is a brilliant plugin. Thanks Fredo6! When I've got some money again, I'll send you a donation :)
(In fact I'll send donations to all whose plugins I use, once the work gets flowing again! :oops: :D ).
0
My book "Let's SketchUp!" Download from here

tfdesign 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby Scott M » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Gaieus wrote:efw? I have never seen that. Maybe try to rename it to rb (or rbs)?
Also, Bezier Spline may need to be enabled under Window > Preferences > Extensions (and then you find a whole toolbar for it under View > Toolbars)

If you go to the download link clik on save it will show the file type as a EFW file. When I save it too my desk top it is a EFW file. I then clck on send too zip folder.Then extract all into plugin folder. It showes up in this folder as a EFW file type.Am I doing something wrong.
0

Scott M 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby thomthom » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Scott M wrote:
Gaieus wrote:efw? I have never seen that. Maybe try to rename it to rb (or rbs)?
Also, Bezier Spline may need to be enabled under Window > Preferences > Extensions (and then you find a whole toolbar for it under View > Toolbars)

If you go to the download link clik on save it will show the file type as a EFW file. When I save it too my desk top it is a EFW file. I then clck on send too zip folder.Then extract all into plugin folder. It showes up in this folder as a EFW file type.Am I doing something wrong.

When you click the "BezierSpline 1.4 - 02 Sep 10.zip" link you get an .eft file?
That is odd. Are you using some download manager that might be interfering?
When I click I get the expected "BezierSpline 1.4 - 02 Sep 10.zip" file...
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby Scott M » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:45 pm

thomthom wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Gaieus wrote:efw? I have never seen that. Maybe try to rename it to rb (or rbs)?
Also, Bezier Spline may need to be enabled under Window > Preferences > Extensions (and then you find a whole toolbar for it under View > Toolbars)

If you go to the download link clik on save it will show the file type as a EFW file. When I save it too my desk top it is a EFW file. I then clck on send too zip folder.Then extract all into plugin folder. It showes up in this folder as a EFW file type.Am I doing something wrong.

When you click the "BezierSpline 1.4 - 02 Sep 10.zip" link you get an .eft file?
That is odd. Are you using some download manager that might be interfering?
When I click I get the expected "BezierSpline 1.4 - 02 Sep 10.zip" file...
When I clik on the download link this is what I see.
File Download
Do you want to open or save
Name:BezierSpline 1[1].4-02 Sep 10.1.321C02.efw
type:unknown File Type,108MB
From: forums,sketchucation.com
0

Scott M 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby thomthom » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Scott M wrote:Name:BezierSpline 1[1].4-02 Sep 10.1.321C02.efw
type:unknown File Type,108MB

108MB! :shock: That is just wrong. You either got a download manager interfering, or a virus/malware. Something is not right there.
Can you try with a different browser? Or from a different machine?
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby thomthom » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:52 pm

0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 02 Sep 10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby Scott M » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks went to the first link and fixed the problem it was my ca settings every thing worked this time thanks again
0

Scott M 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 07 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby fredo6 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:20 am

NEW RELEASE 07 Nov 2010

This release mainly fixes a performance issue with the contextual menu in models having a huge number of elements, whether you use BezierSpline or not (see discussion at http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=31788#p280335).

Download new release at main post

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 07 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby utiler » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:35 am

Thank you Fredo, Thank you, thank you, thank you..... :sketchstatic:
0
purpose/expression/purpose/....
User avatar
utiler 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 07 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby Oxer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi Fredo!
Thanks for the plugin, i have introduced the spanish language to the BezierSpline v1.4 - 07 Nov10.
0
Last edited by Oxer on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oxer 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4 - 07 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby fredo6 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:06 am

Oxer wrote:Hi Fredo!
Thanks for the plugin, i have introduced the spanish language to the BezierSpline v1.4 - 07 Nov10, i upload it here for share with all users.

Oxer,

I have published an update with the Spanish translation integrated.
see main post

Could please edit the previous post and remove the attachment (actually, there are some issues with the files you posted).

Thanks

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby fredo6 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 am

NEW RELEASE 1.4e - 10 Nov 2010

This release just integrates a Spanish translation kindly provided by Oxer

Download new release at main post

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby theark » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:37 am

Thank for your sharing.Great work. :thumb: :thumb:
0

theark 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby poohnut » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:23 am

thankssssss :ecstatic: :P
0

poohnut 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby Krypt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:57 pm

Thank you very much for this. :thumb:
0

Krypt 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby queti2000 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:45 am

Fredo6,Thank You very much!
0

queti2000 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby Elibjr » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Thank you very much! :ecstatic:
0
User avatar
Elibjr 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby aswas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:43 am

HThe link for this [Plugin]is not working, is there a reason for this? I would realy like to try the bezier tool.
0

aswas 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby Gaieus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:44 am

Hi aswas,

The link does work for me. What do you see in place of the download link to the zip archive under that big, yellow, download label?
0
User avatar
Gaieus 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby thomthom » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Fredo
I have 1.4e - 10 Nov 2010 installed, but I still experience the context handler to lag on larger models.

Example: ~92.000 entities:

### Context Handler ###
bezierspline_main.rb:2465:in `load_all_menus' [...] bezierspline.rb:50
3.013 seconds
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby fredo6 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:50 pm

thomthom wrote:Hi Fredo
I have 1.4e - 10 Nov 2010 installed, but I still experience the context handler to lag on larger models.

Example: ~92.000 entities:

### Context Handler ###
bezierspline_main.rb:2465:in `load_all_menus' [...] bezierspline.rb:50
3.013 seconds


I guess these are 92000 entities at first level, which is normally seldom, since most co,plex model tend to be structured with components.
Then, yes, BezierSpline cycles through it to find a curve which is of type BezierSpline.

I'll see what I can do

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby thomthom » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:09 am

It was on a selection inside a component or group.
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby fellanamedlime » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 am

Hi Fredo,

I love your Bezier plugin - it's a really great help. There's one thing though: is there any way to constrain the direction by which you can move the control points of the curve?

For example, if I want to move a point vertically, it's really tricky: I have to draw a vertical line, then try and move the control point to the top of that line, although even then it doesn't work properly because it doesn't snap.

If there was a way to constrain it (like you do normally, by pressing shift to constrain it to the blue axis), that would be a major, major help. Is there any way to incoroporate this into the plugin?

Thanks once again for all you hard work.
0

fellanamedlime 
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby mitcorb » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:04 am

What you are asking may not be available, since these are supposed to be 2d functions. I could be wrong, and it won't be the first time- believe me.
I believe Bezierspline has some documentation which you can find within your Sketchup Plugins Folder, since it is supplied with the script. Should be pdf. I am saying this without checking my folder for sure.
0
I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.
User avatar
mitcorb 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] BezierSpline v1.4e - 10 Nov10 (upgrade SU8)

Postby jeff hammond » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:07 am

mitcorb wrote:What you are asking may not be available, since these are supposed to be 2d functions. I could be wrong, and it won't be the first time- believe me.


i'm leaning toward the ICBW side ;)
0
dotdotdot
User avatar
jeff hammond 
Global Moderator
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

PreviousNext


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: duanekemp, htahae, labarr, lucas3designer, volvo1800s and 11 guests

Visit our sponsors: