Sorry for the delay I got lost in the woods....
Here's the next challenge - Camping
- 30 minutes maximum modeling time
- Unlimited preparation time for thinking, sketching, researching but NOT FOR MODELING
- Community will vote for favorite submission at competition end
- Multiple entries are allowed
- Please provide a Wireframe, an Untextured and a Textured image of your model (800x600)
- SketchUp output only
- Please be considerate to members with slower connections when submitting images (800x600)
- Any texturing should be done within the 30 minutes
- As enthusiastic as some of you are about rendering, kindly refrain from posting any renderings in the gallery as they could solicit votes, remember this is about modeling, not rendering
- Have fun!
Competition closes on April 30th 2011 - 6:00 PM GMT
I'll start things off on this one...
Had been waiting for the new challenge... Hopefully do better on this one... Basic modelling finished in around 25 mins.. Spent the rest in tweaking some things and deciding the colors...
Well, I've finally decided to try my hand at this. Picked up 3d modeling less than a year ago, and finally got confident enough.
Anyway, here's my attempt. Did as much detail as I could and still bring it in under the wire. My forte seems to be detail, rather than speed though.
Hi, The following is my contribution.
I could not finish texturing in time, so no textures. After I finished the model I submitted to the warehouse. The original is available at
By the way it is poison ivy, relevant to camping in several parts of the USA.
I'm afraid this is the best I could manage in 30 minutes but important to participate.
10 min. max. I made it a face me component too
Here my attempt... not detailed, but made "on the fly", and made out of my (poor) memory
Only "pure" SketchUp, no plug-ins.
Last edited by rocorona on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
greet1 My very first post so far i can recall1
Anyway, my submission
SketchUp 8, Bubble skin, line2cyl.
I've never camping, so I've used inspiration from Camp Lazlo
by the way, the 30 minutes challenge is a bit exciting! >w<
This is my third attampt to post this basically because I'm a bit stupid sometimes. Not totally happy with this result but as it gets colder in my little part of the world this is what I am thinking when I am thinking about camping...
it's a beautiful night - you can almost see the stars
Here's another try at the axe. Felt sure I could do better in 30 minutes but took most of that time just to do the head. I ended up making a quick cylinder and using the Shape Bender plugin to make a quick handle. Some weird faces on it but that's that.
Yes indeed, thanks for posting the link John.
Nice entries! I wanted to participate in this one but I haven't found the time. I still have 2 days, so maybe I'll find 30 spare minutes.
"Aquel que sacrifica un poco de libertad por seguridad, no se merece ninguna y terminará perdiendo ambas"