A pair of originals

To access this forum when logged in, please, sign up to the Woodworking User Group in your User Control Panel.

A pair of originals

Postby davidheim1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:09 pm

originals.png
I wanted to share a couple of original designs I modeled recently.
On the left is a wardrobe with a cupboard for suits and coats (or dresses) and a stack of graduated drawers for, well, underdrawers and socks and stuff. I chose a dark mahogany for the base, crown molding and pulls; cherry for the case; and chestnut with chestnut burl for the drawer boxes and door panels. I put in all the joinery because I get compulsive sometimes. The model seems to be fairly popular on the 3D Warehouse, with nearly 400 views and 60 downloads in two days.
On the right is a work station for a mini-lathe and grinder, reflecting my love for woodturning. Parts for the stand can be cut from a sheet of 3/4-in. plywood and a half-sheet of 1/2-in. ply. It has drawers for chucks, faceplates, grinding-jig parts, and other accessories; holes in the top to hold oft-used tools, knockout bars, and live centers; storage for wood, and a space below the storage to be filled with sand for ballast. I created a full set of plans for the work station--with a cutlist and assembly instructions--that I have for sale on my Etsy shop. So far, though, no takers. Dang.
Enjoy.
dh

davidheim1 

Re: A pair of originals

Postby Dave R » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Very nice, David. Very nice.
%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby pbacot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:35 pm

Nice David. I'll look at your stand I have a need for something like that, sized to roll under my bench. No promises though. If you saw my workspace... no don't look! Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
MacOSX Mojave ShetchUp Pro v19 Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby davidheim1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Thanks, pbacot. Here's a link to the Etsy listing for the plan, just in case. (And I'm sure my shop is smaller and messier than yours.)
Best,
dh

https://www.etsy.com/listing/713454849/digital-download-mini-lathe-work-center?ref=listings_manager_grid

davidheim1 

Postby tuna1957 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:07 am

Bravo ! :thumb: :thumb:

tuna1957 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pilou » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:04 am

Functional! :fro:
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Postby davidheim1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Thanks, gents.

davidheim1 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Woodworking