House Builder Plugin

To access this forum when logged in, please, sign up to the Woodworking User Group in your User Control Panel.

House Builder Plugin

Postby GAnderson » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:53 pm

I have found a calculation error in the floor joist, wall stud, and roof rafter spacing in the House Builder plugin

I build houses with Habitat for Humanity and wanted an easy to use tool to model our house plans in SketchUp. I found House Builder. It is a good basic tool.

As I was entering our current floor plan I noticed that my 4'x 8' sheet goods were not landing at the center of floor joists, wall studs, and roof rafters. I looked closer and discovered that the spacing between the first and second objects was off by 3/4". The tools use the entered On-Center spacing for all objects...not good when building a structure.

I've emailed the maker of House Builder and am waiting to hear from them.

This will be an excellent tool if they address the calculation error.

I'm posting here because I see that there are other House Builder posts on this site.
George

GAnderson 

Re: House Builder Plugin

Postby pilou » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Maybe some images and files will be avoid missunderstanding!
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Postby charris1950 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:46 pm

Ganderson - I have noticed the same thing, all studs are spaced at 1' 4" from the outer edges which of course is wrong. I posted such here a while back but never got anything back on it. Perhaps HouseBuilder was meant as a simple tool to estimate materials and get an idea of what the finished project looks like, because anyone using it as drawings to build by are in for a rude awakening when they go to install their sheet products. Unless I'm missing something? What I don't understand is why there are not hundreds of posts pertaining to this over the years that HomeBuilder has been out there.

charris1950 

Postby jay4554 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:32 am

probably a plugin that doesn't get updated but did anyone ever fix this issue? I've been trying to put on plywood and it's not working because it does bad spacing for sheet goods. Anyone find a workaround?

Thanks
Jay4554@aol.com

jay4554 

Postby jay4554 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:42 am

did anyone find the workaround for this extension? the layout is not good for 4x8 plywood sheets

jay4554 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Woodworking