Extension Store v3.0

Re: Extension Store v3.0.0

Postby Rich O Brien » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:43 pm

We use Fonts as icons. The lack of fonts suggests your internet explorer version is old.
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby mariocha » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Just a thought. I kind of miss the link each item had to the corresponding thread on the forum here.
Quite informative those threads.
Btw, has traffic slowed a tad ? ;)
Mario C.
Certified SketchUp Trainer, QC CA.
Every rule has exceptions, but some.
mariocha 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Rich O Brien » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:22 pm

mariocha wrote:Just a thought. I kind of miss the link each item had to the corresponding thread on the forum here.
Quite informative those threads.
Btw, has traffic slowed a tad ? ;)

Resize your dialog ;)

Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby becker84 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:01 pm

Rich O Brien wrote:We use Fonts as icons. The lack of fonts suggests your internet explorer version is old.

What fonts are you use? Can you provide this fonts or the names?
I think a little bit strange, if my internet explorer be out of date, cause I have windows 10 threshold 2 with the last updates installed... Thank you!

becker84 

Postby becker84 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:07 pm

TIG wrote:So your buttons are there, but as plain colored rectangles, with no applied graphics.
If you hover over a button do you see a tool-tip ?
Should be Info / Install / [Donate] == Purple / Red / [Green]
It should look like my attached screen-shot...
If you click a button does it do anything ?
Also the bottom row on buttons should be visible ??
If you have the Ruby Console open as you do things are there any error messages?

Hi TIG! Thank you for your reply and attention!
But my extesion works very well... I only have problems with the icons, and I don´t know the strange cause it doesn´t appear for me!! Thank you!

becker84 

Postby elektrost » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:52 am

Hello, I've just updated PluginStore, and when I try to download any plugin, Download Button doesn't work. nothing happens at all. Other buttons work right

elektrost 

Postby brooklynia373 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:15 am

I'm having trouble upgrading to 3.0.

First time i downloaded the rbz file and installed it i got caught in a loop, "must restart for installation to complete" over and over again, all the while extension store was there, but the old 2.6.1.

I deleted all files i could find having to do with "sketchucation" from my plugins folder, and also unchecked it through the "preferences>extensions" route. (but it said it could not be "dynamically unloaded")

I opened su and sketchucation was not there (though it was still in the unchecked position under the preferences > extension tab)

So i went ahead and installed a newly downloaded 3.0 version.

When i open su the sketchucation tool bar is there, but it's still 2.6.1!?

What am i doing wrong?

I'm using su 15 pro on win 8.1
brooklynia373 

Postby TIG » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:32 am

Firstly, please re-download the v3.0 RBZ for this toolset from the SketchUcation PluginsStore - just to make sure you are going to install the correct one.

Next, go into your user Plugins folder and find the SketchUcation subfolder and !SketchUcation_loader.rb file [and also SketchUcation.rb - if it exists].
Delete all of them.

Finally, open SketchUp, and install the RBZ using the Preferences > Extensions > Install Extension... button.
Check the SketchUcation Extension is 'ticked' in Preferences > Extensions - and if necessary, also activate its Toolbar.

Does it now work ?

If not then please also check that you do not have another custom-plugins folder set up, and that it does not contain any SketchUcation files or subfolder - if it's loading from two locations you could get issues.
Available folders [if any] are in the drop-down at the top of the SketchUcation PluginsManager dialog...
The SketchUcation toolset should always be installed in the default user Plugins folder.
To open that folder you can use this snippet copy+pasted into the Ruby Console + <enter>
UI.openURL("file:///#{Sketchup.find_support_file('Plugins')}")
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:36 am

elektrost wrote:Hello, I've just updated PluginStore, and when I try to download any plugin, Download Button doesn't work. nothing happens at all. Other buttons work right
If you run it with the Ruby Console open are there any error messages ?
In the dialog it's not a Download button, it's an AutoInstall button [red].
You should get dialog confirmations/queries after clicking on it ??
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby brooklynia373 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:12 pm

TIG wrote: If not then please also check that you do not have another custom-plugins folder set up, and that it does not contain any SketchUcation files or subfolder - if it's loading from two locations you could get issues.
Available folders [if any] are in the drop-down at the top of the SketchUcation PluginsManager dialog...
The SketchUcation toolset should always be installed in the default user Plugins folder.
To open that folder you can use this snippet copy+pasted into the Ruby Console + <enter>
UI.openURL("file:///#{Sketchup.find_support_file('Plugins')}")

that was it. a "custom" folder with another sketchucation toolset installed. works now.

thanks for the help
brooklynia373 

Postby slbaumgartner » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:09 pm

On my MacBook Pro Retina, the store initially pops up too narrow to see all the contents. But when I drag it wide enough to see them, the black bar at the top expands and covers the column headers so that I am no longer able to filter or sort using them.

slbaumgartner 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Rich O Brien » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Ok. I see the issue.

Expect a fix. Thanks for the report.

Gabor is gone home for xmas so we are a skeleton crew at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby brooklynia373 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:10 am

TIG wrote:
elektrost wrote:Hello, I've just updated PluginStore, and when I try to download any plugin, Download Button doesn't work. nothing happens at all. Other buttons work right

Same problem. here's the error message:

Error: #<RuntimeError: can't modify frozen String>
c:/users/tfw/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:520:in `gsub!'
c:/users/tfw/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:520:in `chooseplugins'
c:/users/tfw/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:476:in `autoinstall_dlg'
c:/users/tfw/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:408:in `set_autoinstall_choice'
c:/users/tfw/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:76:in `block in new'
SketchUp:1:in `call'
brooklynia373 

Postby TIG » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:25 pm

@brooklynia373

This is not 'the same problem'.

It's as if there's somehow a 'frozen string' which can't be modified [there's a trap for " to ', nothing more - AND a valid folder-path should never include a " anyway] - please can you send a screen-shot of the dialog which offers you a choice...
AND also what it is you choose - the EXACT string please...
Also if you type this in the Ruby Console + <enter>:
$:
can you then post the returned string...
:?
Somehow there is a weirdness that should be fixable...
:shock:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby elektrost » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:58 pm

TIG wrote:

Yes, Ive got an error message. Il looks like this:

Error: #<Encoding::CompatibilityError: incompatible encoding regexp match (Windows-1251 regexp with UTF-8 string)>
c:/users/Пользователь/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:679:in `=~'
c:/users/Пользователь/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:679:in `block (2 levels) in getMyPluginsFolders'
c:/users/Пользователь/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:678:in `each'
c:/users/Пользователь/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:678:in `block in getMyPluginsFolders'
c:/users/Пользователь/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:675:in `each'
c:/users/Пользователь/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:675:in `getMyPluginsFolders'
c:/users/Пользователь/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:797:in `getMyPlugins'
c:/users/Пользователь/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf_dialog.rbs:143:in `block in new'
SketchUp:1:in `call'
I can't even understand what it means)

elektrost 

Postby TIG » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:16 pm

@elektrost

Your Windows user-name ['Пользователь' == 'User' :shock: ] seems to be entirely in Cyrillic characters - I thought that Windows actually required that a Windows user-name should at least start with an ASCII character.

Many Plugins [including the SketchUcation Toolset] try to work around such naming problems in needed file-paths...
So many Cyrillic-named users seem to have no issues...

But over to you... your system encoding seems to be oddly set to be 'Windows-1251', when Ruby needs UTF-8 [without BOM].
Can you try changing the system encoding settings to something else ?
Or perhaps make another [new*] Windows user-account [*I don't think that you can rename the current user-account successfully] - perhaps called 'User' in ASCII characters - and retry using that... ?
Please report back.
It is something that ought to be fixable...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby brooklynia373 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:02 pm

TIG wrote:Somehow there is a weirdness that should be fixable...

So I upgraded to 2016 and reinstalled everything. Problem sorted out. Thanks anyway.
brooklynia373 

Postby TIG » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:18 pm

brooklynia373 wrote:
TIG wrote:Somehow there is a weirdness that should be fixable...

So I upgraded to 2016 and reinstalled everything. Problem sorted out. Thanks anyway.
One down a few more to go ;)
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:54 pm

There have been a few reports of users who are having issues loading v3.0 in their older versions of SketchUp [ i.e. Pre v2014].
There is a fix [a modified 'loader' RB file].
It's in the attached RBZ file, which can be installed using:
the Preferences > Extensions > Install Extension... button.
When SketchUp is restarted the v3.0 load-error should be side-stepped.
However, it is recommended that you use a newer version of SketchUp.
SketchUp v8 is no longer supported by Trimble, and it's all-but certain that v2013 will suffer a similar fate during this coming year.

NOTE - you MUST NOT install this file in newer versions of SketchUp [i.e. v2014 and above] - it is simply not needed.
AND, installing it in v2016 will break the signed-hash, which will stop the SketchUcation toolset auto-loading as SketchUp starts in any Loading-Policy other than 'Unrestricted', thus requiring a re-installation from the latest v3.0 RBZ to revert it !
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby shake1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi, I have the same problem

TIG wrote:So your buttons are there, but as plain colored rectangles, with no applied graphics.

yes
TIG wrote:If you click a button does it do anything ?

All buttons work
TIG wrote:If you have the Ruby Console open as you do things are there any error messages?

console empty
------
win 10x64
SU 2016x64
shake1 

Postby TIG » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:04 pm

@shaker1

Did you read this viewtopic.php?p=582427&f=10#p582427 and after it ?

What version of Internet Explorer are you using ?
Try and update it to v11...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby bsfranza » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 pm

hi there,

is it possible to delete all my profiles in the extension and create a clean new one?
also naming and more management for the profiles would be great!

greets and thanks for the awesome plugin!

bsfranza 

Postby DimaV83 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:35 pm

Internet Explorer 11, Windows 7, Extension store 3.0.0.

yes

If you click a button does it do anything ?

Info - works. Install - gives an error "UnZIP Error: Could not unzip archive"

Also the bottom row on buttons should be visible ??

No. But moving the cursor there at one point I got a tooltip "Log out"

If you have the Ruby Console open as you do things are there any error messages?

No.
DimaV83 

Postby TIG » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:32 pm

@Dima

Have you read all of the similar posts in this thread ?

What are your Internet Explorer 'Internet Options' set to ?
Make sure nothing is too onerous/limiting, and that javascript etc is not restricted.
Also please empty the IE cache and retry the tool's dialog...

You should have course see all of the buttons icons etc.
The page's html gets those fonts etc as needed...
And that UnZIP error is rare if your system/IE is configured normally, and you are not prone to broadband dropping out etc.

There have been a few reports like this, but usually from people running old versions of SketchUp [ < v2014 ]...

Have you also tried manually removing the SketchUcation subfolder and its file[s] listed in an earlier post, and then reinstalled from the latest RBZ...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby MLUY » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello,
I thought the previous version of the extension store was more user friendly
I am missing a search box whereby you can type in key words for a extension.
Or maybe I am not looking properly?
Regards
Michiel

MLUY 

Postby TIG » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:59 pm

There are functions accessed by the four buttons on the bottom-bar.
The filter button 'toggle' gives you the familiar three Recent/Authors/Categories drop-down lists along the top of the main page.
The heart button lets you add to items to your 'favorites'...
The magnifying-glass button opens the search page, where you can type in your keywords and get a list of results...
The last button logs you out...

Incidentally, do you not see tooltips when hovering over these buttons ?

The top-bar also has buttons / notifications - click the cog button to go to your settings page - there are four sub-pages.
Updates - available updates for your installed plugins.
Downloads - lists everything you have downloaded from the PluginStore.
Profile - data about yourself.
Bundles - you customized collections of plugins to install across versions and computers.

Click the left facing arrow button in the top-bar [which has replaced the cog-button] to go back to the main page.
The top-bar also displays an alert icon if there are updates available for you - click it to go to your updates page...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby DimaV83 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:51 pm

TIG wrote:Have you read all of the similar posts in this thread ?

Yes - done it first to avoid annoing with already solved questions. And tried previous suggestions.

Internet Explorer: deleted history, cache - no changes.

Deleted Scetchucation files manually from Plugin folder and reinstalled via Preferences->Extensions - no changes.

TIG wrote:Make sure nothing is too onerous/limiting, and that javascript etc is not restricted.

Do you have a "test URL" that I can check in IE (outside of SketchUp, to see if it works).

TIG wrote:And that UnZIP error is rare if your system/IE is configured normally, and you are not prone to broadband dropping out etc.

Internet connection works fine (although I'm behind a proxy).
Tried on another network with no proxy - "AutoInstall Finished. Using main Plugins Folder". So looks like it is proxy-related (strange, as Internet Explorer works fine with Sketchucation) or there is a problem with timeouts (checked at non-peak time - no changes).
DimaV83 

Postby TIG » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:00 pm

So it seems that your proxy / and perhaps firewall settings need some work...
Ensure that they are set up as seeing friends with both sketchucation.com & plugin.sketchucation.com
And probably sketchucation.com/pluginstore_3.php for good measure...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Box » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Since the thread is active just now I will throw in my bit. As mentioned above the search feature isn't immediately obvious. Knowing it was there made it easy to find for me but, 99.9% of the time I go to the big read button it is to search for a plugin, browsing recent or common or even authors isn't my default.
So I hit the button and wait a bit for it to load, then hit the icon at the bottom, then click in the search box to get it's attention and then type what I want to search for....

I know you've said I always complain but what can I say, google opens as a search box not what everyone last searched for.
Box 

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:33 pm

Box wrote:I know you've said I always complain but what can I say, google opens as a search box not what everyone last searched for.

i never said always... :-P

we'll revisit the store soon. we've logged lots of FRs to implement. but there's only 3 of us and we've other things keeping us busy at the moment.
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Developers' Forum