Extension Store v3.0

Re: Extension Store v3.0.0

Postby slbaumgartner » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Overall I like it. My one complaint is that it opens in a tall, narrow format that is seriously clipped; it does not remember the size from last time when I stretch it out, so I have to do so again every time. Mac OS X 10.11.1

slbaumgartner 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TIG » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:37 pm

slbaumgartner wrote:Overall I like it. My one complaint is that it opens in a tall, narrow format that is seriously clipped; it does not remember the size from last time when I stretch it out, so I have to do so again every time. Mac OS X 10.11.1
That's a limitation of MACs.
On PCs it remembers the last used width/height.
It'd but easy to open it at the 'maximum width' on MAC and the first time on PC... if Rich agrees...
It's a simple one line edit of the code used in setting up the dialog's RBS...
Personally I agreed its current narrow starting width is 'design-over-substance'...
But "I voz only obeying orderz"...
But to work in either 'secure' policy under v2016 it'll ALL need re-signing - for even a simple change like this !
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby pbacot » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:57 pm

TIG wrote:Assuming you have used the PluginStore [now ExtensionStore3] tool's dialog before in v2015, then when you open it in v2016 there will be a Bundle named 'SOME_COMPUTER_NAME:15' listing the Plugins installed in v2015 when you last used it there.
There will also be a Bundle named 'SOME_COMPUTER_NAME:16' - with a shorter list.
Make a copy of the 'SOME_COMPUTER_NAME:15' one [say named '15to16'] and remove any of the listed Plugins you definitely don't want to copy over.
Then apply the '15to16' Bundle to v2016.
The tool should install all of the listed Plugins you have in that '15to16' Bundle, into v2016.
So in this simple one step you can effectively copy across all of the Plugins.
It is of course limited to those Plugins hosted by the PluginStore - so you'll need to use EWH for any of theirs which are not available here...

There are more detailed tutorials on using the PluginStore's Bundles.
Search for them...

Thank you!
MacOSX (El Capitan) ShetchUp Pro v16 Layout Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby mc_ott » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:09 pm

I get the following error message starting SU-8-Pro with Extension Store v3.0.0 on Macbook Pro OS-X 10.10.5, there were no issues with v2.6.1:
Error Loading File /Users/michel/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation/SCF_loader.rb
(eval):324:in `log_setup': uninitialized constant SCF::SCF::TEMPDIRError Loading File SketchUcation.rb
(eval):324:in `log_setup': uninitialized constant SCF::SCF::TEMPDIR

On the same Macbook, I also have SU-Make v15 installed with Extension Store v3.0.0 and that one has no issues.
----------------

mc_ott 

Postby TIG » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:32 pm

mc_ott wrote:I get the following error message starting SU-8-Pro with Extension Store v3.0.0 on Macbook Pro OS-X 10.10.5, there were no issues with v2.6.1:
Error Loading File /Users/michel/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation/SCF_loader.rb
(eval):324:in `log_setup': uninitialized constant SCF::SCF::TEMPDIRError Loading File SketchUcation.rb

On the same Macbook, I also have SU-Make v15 installed with Extension Store v3.0.0 and that one has no issues.
----------------
This is odd :?
If this is the full message, then there is no 'log_setup' method at that level, OR any call for such a Constant !

Can I suggest the following...

Use the SketchUcation submenu 'Open Plugins Folder...', or use the path:
'/Users/michel/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Plugins'
in the MAC's Finder...

In that folder find the SketchUcation 'folder' and '.rb' file and delete them.

Close SketchUp.

Download the Extension Store v3.0.0 RBZ [if you don't already have it].

Reopen SketchUp and use SketchUp > Preferences > Extensions > Install Extension...
and install it...

Restart SketchUp.

Report back...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby cotty » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:42 pm

TIG wrote:Reopen SketchUp and use SketchUp > Preferences > Extensions > Install Extension...
and install it...

@mc_ott: You need SU8-M2 for this way of installing extensions.
cotty 
Top SketchUcator

Postby mc_ott » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:04 pm

@TIG: I trashed what you suggested and reinstalled v3 from fresh but I still get the same error. When I trash v3 and re-install v2.6.1, I have no problems! I think I will keep v2.6.1 until the next iteration of v3.

@cotty: I have SU-8.0.14345 PRO , I am not sure what SU8-M2 is or where it can be found... I use 8-PRO since it has capabilities which don't come with Free versions like SUMake-15.

mc_ott 

Postby TIG » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:41 am

There's not so much difference between v2.6 and v3 :?
Your v8 does look a little out of sync, but it it works in v3.6 it should work in v3.

There are Ruby differences between v8 and >v2013, but these should be accommodated...

Any further insights welcomed...
:(
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Re: [Plugin] SketchUcation Tools 2.0

Postby Arthuro » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Hello author,

it's really hard to appreciate your new look, because the ExtensionStore 3.0 windows render all white. I mean, the background in all windows is white and I cannot see any text boxes. It took me a while to realize how to log in, for example. The search dialog is also virtually unusable.

I've tried to edit the SCF.css stylesheet, but it's used only by the other two managers. I've also tried to empty the MSIE's cache, make MSIE default browser and to adjust several settings, but nothing helped.

I use an ordinary Windows 7 system with the latest Firefox as the default browser.

I would have no problem to edit the stylesheet if I would know, where to look for it.
It's probably loaded each time dynamically, isn't it?

Any idea how to fix it?

Regards,
Arthuro

Arthuro 

Postby TIG » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:11 pm

The ExtensionStore3's dialog is styled from a css server-side.
The PC browser used for all web-dialogs in SketchUp is always Internet Explorer - irrespective of what browser you might use day-to-day.
So you ensure that you have the latest version installed [v11?]
Update it if not...

Can you provide a screen-shot so we can see if it's very different from what was expected ?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Rich O Brien » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Fade time tweaked

Navbar bars colored to original colors of v2+
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby Arthuro » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Hello TIG,

thank you for your reply. You are right, my MSIE is pretty old, version 8. I'm not using it for years. :-)

So I've made a screenshot before updating it. For the case, that it'll fix it. I'll let you know.

Regards,
Arthuro

Arthuro 

Postby TIG » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:10 pm

So... update IE to v11.
Then retry the SCF dialog...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Arthuro » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Hello TIG,

you were right, it has fixed it (see the screenshot). It seems like the long forgotten ghosts from the past will never stop chasing us. :-)

Maybe you can still adjust the stylesheet to support also other old turtles out there?

Anyhow, thanks a lot for your help and for all those helpful extensions you wrote. Respect.

Best wishes,
Arthuro

Arthuro 

Postby becker84 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:51 pm

Sirs in my SketchUp Pro 2016 under Windows 10 Pro the plugin Extension Store v3.0.0.0 works but the icons don´t appear... how can I do to solve that?

becker84 

Postby TIG » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Can you show us a screen-shot of the 'missing icons' ?
I assume you mean in the main-store's dialog itself ?
Remember that on a PC, all of SketchUp's dialogs use Internet Explorer.
Ensure you have the latest version of IE installed [11?] and that your Internet-Options are not set to be overly strict...
Apart from these missing icons, does it work otherwise ?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Box » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Or if you mean the three tool buttons. Right click on any toolbar area and tick the Sketchucation toolbar
Or go view/toolbars and tick Sketchucation on the dialog.
Box 

Postby hvanessen » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:28 pm

It works fine by me, but van anyone tell me where i van find the ssoap zijn bubble plugin, or had it an other name.

I am back achter several years, and have everything new and fresh installed

hvanessen 

Postby Box » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:32 pm

You'll find that in the extension warehouse.
https://extensions.sketchup.com/en/cont ... kin-bubble
Box 

Postby victor hugo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:41 pm

dukfinx Did you get a solution for the error you're getting...I've got the same error.

Thanks

dukfinx wrote:I would love to try new store but have this error

Error Loading File D:/Duk/Sketchup/Plugins/SketchUcation/SCF_loader.rb

I see that other people had it but seem not able to find a clear solution. Is this caused by Ruby 2.0
I am still using SU8 Free with Win 7
And this is a quick list of my extension
- BezierSpline
- arcs circles
- many Fredo6's tools (sorry, abit lazy)
- JWM Shape tool
- Twightlight 2
- Some other default plugins

If necessary, I will create separated thread in the future to keep this thread clean.

victor hugo 

Postby victor hugo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:19 pm

I get the same error as dukfinx, after installing the extension store to 3.0 I get the error below... is there a solution for this?

Thanks.

Error Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/SketchUcation/SCF_loader.rb

victor hugo 

Postby TIG » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:08 pm

This 'Constant' error 'SCF::SCF::TEMPDIR' in 'log_setup' is weird.
Neither the '../SketchUcation/SCF_loader.rb'
or 'SketchUcation.rb' contain that 'method' at all.
The '!SCFapiTools.rbs' does contain that named method, but NOT anywhere near line #324 !
and no file refers to that 'Constant' at all, although the SCFapi does use 'SCF::TEMPDIR'

Can You please manually remove the ../Plugins/SketchUcation subfolder and the SketchUcation.rb, then start SketchUp and reinstall everything again from v3 toolset from the RBZ...
Test it to see it that has helped...
Report back either way...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Jim » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Could he be running an old version of sketchup that used to have a namespace bug when using scrambled files?
Hi

Jim 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:08 pm

@Jim

That's what I'm thinking - I need to test it on a v8 installation, when I get time to [re]install it [of course v8 is no longer supported by Trimble]

But I still don't see why it's doing this now - the previous SCF v2 uses the same code as SCF v3 in that regard - the RBS files have been like that for ages...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby becker84 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:36 pm

TIG wrote:Can you show us a screen-shot of the 'missing icons' ?
I assume you mean in the main-store's dialog itself ?
Remember that on a PC, all of SketchUp's dialogs use Internet Explorer.
Ensure you have the latest version of IE installed [11?] and that your Internet-Options are not set to be overly strict...
Apart from these missing icons, does it work otherwise ?

OK I´m making the changes but don´t have any effects on my Extension Store problem, i think that´s a problem with compatibility with SketchUp 2016...

how can i send my screen?! thanks!

becker84 

Postby TIG » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Use the built-in Windows "Snipping Tool".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool
Copy a portion of your SketchUp screen [which explains the issue] and the save it as a PNG image-file, and attach that file to a new post...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:54 pm

Jim wrote:Could he be running an old version of sketchup that used to have a namespace bug when using scrambled files?
I see the v3 error in the reinstalled SketchUp v8...
I can't yet workout the cause... :o
The simple fix is for v8 users to continue to use v2.6... or upgrade to a newer SketchUp version !
Otherwise I'll have to loose valuable brain-cells to fix v3 for a now unsupported SketchUp version... :shock:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:01 pm

OK, I've looked into this a bit more... :o
I think I have a fix which should allow v3.0 to load error-free and then work on earlier SketchUp versions, like v8 [and probably v2013] - the newer versions should be OK already...
Please take the attached file [SCF_loader.rb] and replace the equivalent file in the:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google SketchUp 8\Plugins\SketchUcation
folder.
Restart SketchUp and see if the error messages have ceased and the SketchUcation Toolset v3.0 work OK.

We need feedback from earlier version users, to be sure this fix is robust...

If this change works we can consider a formal update in due course...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby becker84 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:22 am

TIG wrote:Use the built-in Windows "Snipping Tool".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool
Copy a portion of your SketchUp screen [which explains the issue] and the save it as a PNG image-file, and attach that file to a new post...

OK I´m having the snipping tool, but I don´t found the attach buttom in the past but now I found!! thanks... my screen in the bottom!

becker84 

Postby TIG » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:32 pm

So your buttons are there, but as plain colored rectangles, with no applied graphics.
If you hover over a button do you see a tool-tip ?
Should be Info / Install / [Donate] == Purple / Red / [Green]
It should look like my attached screen-shot...
If you click a button does it do anything ?
Also the bottom row on buttons should be visible ??
If you have the Ruby Console open as you do things are there any error messages?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Developers' Forum