Extension Store v3.0

Re: Extension Store v3.0.1 [Updated 30/5/15]

Postby john2 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:54 am

My extension store is working slow. I am using Internet explorer 11(updated fully on my windows 8.1 x64) . I reset my settings to defaults for privacy and security. I can see the lists, etc. However, this version of store works slow. That is, the search and the opening of pages is slower than the previous versions. It seems as if I am using this store on a very slow internet connection which is not the case. Moreover, I have not changed anything as far as interference with my internet is concerned, i.e. my antivirus brand, firewall settings, modem, etc.
Sketchup Make 2016 (64-bit), SketchUp Make 2015 (64-bit), Vray 2.0 , Windows 8.1 – 64 bit, ATI Radeon 8570 Graphics 2GB,
john2 

Postby facer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Extension Store v3.0.1 Developers

Thank you for creating and maintaining the Extension Manager 3.0.1.
As it evolves and improves it will be a great assistant.

A few suggestions:
1. The graphics for the Extension Manager does not tell the story or give
an immediate clue of its three functions.

I suggest using something like the three simple primary symbols. Letters
could be added as shown in the alternative attached graphics.

The relationship between Plugins and Extensions is the "primary function"
and the one most used. Hence I have enclosed the P(3 sided pyramid) and E(cube) in an oblong graphic to suggest the possible inter-relationship between a plugin (P) and its associated Extension (P).

2. If time permits a graphics with the key topics being discussed would be helpful. At present there is a lot of reading required to get to the core of what is being said.

For example the explanation given that the plugin will show a "grey background"
when activated if its parent (associated) Extension is not activated. This is the first
time in two years of my use of the Extension Manager that I became aware of this feature. It has answered my frustrations on not realizing when a "plugin" has a parent "Extension".

I am sure it is clearly written somewhere but I did not see it in my "travels"
through all the postings etc., until now.

A simple graphic may have flagged the above "important feature" to me sooner.

Thanks to the SketchUcation team
Finally I found the explanation of the differences between Plugins and Extensions
very clear and helpful, thanks to all those contributors.

I have attached two optional graphics for consideration.

All the best with your evolving plugin.
Store_Plugins_Extensions Manager 1.jpg

Store_Plugins_Extensions Manager 2-letters.jpg
facer 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Gareth » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:28 am

I am 'rebuilding' SketchUp and plugins from scratch after a hard drive crash earlier this week.

I can log in on the website but not from SketchUp via the Plugin Store (Error : Username or Password missmatch, please try again)

I am using SU 2014 Pro
Windows 7
Plugin Store version 3.0.1
Gareth 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Gareth wrote:I am 'rebuilding' SketchUp and plugins from scratch after a hard drive crash earlier this week.

I can log in on the website but not from SketchUp via the Plugin Store (Error : Username or Password missmatch, please try again)

I am using SU 2014 Pro
Windows 7
Plugin Store version 3.0.1

Did you try resetting your password?
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby Gareth » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:15 am

Hiya Rich,

I can see this is probably going to be a 'Doh' moment....!!

If I go to Account settings, I can't see an option to change my Password.
Gareth 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TIG » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Click the Settings button...
> opens User Control Panel
> click Account Setting [first item in left-hand list]
> edit 3rd/4th items: Password/Confirm-Password
> Submit button to change.
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Gareth » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:27 am

TIG wrote:Click the Settings button...
> opens User Control Panel
> click Account Setting [first item in left-hand list]
> edit 3rd/4th items: Password/Confirm-Password
> Submit button to change.

Yep....had already done that....was expecting something else, like a 'reset password' or something.

Anyhow, even with the new password I still can't access the warehouse. Ended up downloading the plugins from here instead.

By the way, when the TT_Lib2 "not installed' message popped up in SketchUp, I clicked it and wasn't able to to sign in after clicking 'download' on the pop up either.
Gareth 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Rich O Brien » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 am

When you say Warehouse you actually mean ExtensionStore right?
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby Gareth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:28 am

Rich O Brien wrote:When you say Warehouse you actually mean ExtensionStore right?

Yep (my bad....am getting flustered restoring a lot of stuff on the computer.....everything from emails through to SketchUp aand ArchiCad etc....it's a big and time consuming task))
Gareth 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Gábor » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:22 am

PM sent to Gareth.
Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Re: Extension Store v3.0.0

Postby OnlySean » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:10 pm

TIG wrote:Your Windows user-name is "diseño2"
It contains an accented character.
In earlier versions of SketchUp this was always an issue in file-paths.
Since v2014 it's been much better, but occasionally something goes wrong.
The SketchUcation toolset code [and that of many others] tries to make sure such file-paths are encoded in a suitable format.
Can you do the following tests...
Open the Ruby Console and copy+paste this text + <enter>
SCF::FOLDER
It should return something like:
C:/Users/diseño2/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation
Then use:
SCF::FOLDER.encoding
It should return:
UTF-8

Please let us know what your answer is...

Also please try this:
$LOAD_PATH.each{|e| puts "#{e} = #{e.encoding}" }
This should report several folder-paths and encoding types, like:
C:/Users/diseño2/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins = UTF-8
or
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/RubyStdLib = Windows-1252
Please post your results...

Hi There. I''m experiencing the same issue. Clicking the install button does noting. My path also contains an accent in the name. Please see my ruby console answers below:
Is there a fix for this? How do I get the Extension Store to work. (I have 3.0.1 installed)

SCF::FOLDER
C:/Users/Seán/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation
SCF::FOLDER.encoding
UTF-8
$LOAD_PATH.each{|e| puts "#{e} = #{e.encoding}" }
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib = Windows-1252
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/platform_specific = Windows-1252
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools = UTF-8
C:/Users/Seán/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins = UTF-8
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins = UTF-8
["C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib", "C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/platform_specific", "C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools", "C:/Users/Seán/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins", "C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins"]

OnlySean 

Postby TIG » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:22 pm

@Sean

This is most perplexing.
Earlier versions of SketchUp/Ruby would fail on PCs with accented names in paths.
This occurred in many extensions/plugins...
So it was always recommended to use SketchUp while logged into Windows with a non-accented name.
But in the newer SketchUp/Ruby versions there are tools to force the string's encoding into UTF-8...

This has been tested and works most of the time.
However, as in your case, sometimes it fails.
There can be multiple reasons - the encode used by Windows itself etc - Win-1252 v. UTF-8 v. ANSI v. Unicode...

However, I'm unclear what your settings might be and what they could become...

Unfortunately you can't simply rename your User login.
Although it'll appear without the accent the path to which it refers retains its origin name - with the accent.
One work around is to make a brand new admin User in Windows named 'Sean' rather than 'Seán'.
Also make another admin user named 'Temp' - you need to use that login as you can't copy/paste files for an active user...
Then copy your entire Windows set up to that user's folders.
Then use that new login... and delete the old one later...
However, it's no simple feat...
Check here on guidance - there's a lot to copy...
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/share-tra ... ts-windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... =windows-7
Most folks interested in recovering/copying a profile are interested in the contents of ....
Contacts
Desktop
Documents
Favorites
Links
Music
OneDrive
Pictures
Videos
etc, etc...
And their AppData folder (Hidden by default)
Normally it's suggested that people recover what they are truly interested in and leave anything labeled ntuser or NTUSER as those files may be accountable for the profile corruption in the first place.
Of course, depending on the circumstances there may be other means and methods of recovering from a corrupt user profile.
If there is a specific error message then perhaps searching for that might prove more beneficial.
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby OnlySean » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:44 pm

TIG wrote:@Sean

This is most perplexing.
Earlier versions of SketchUp/Ruby would fail on PCs with accented names in paths.
This occurred in many extensions/plugins...
So it was always recommended to use SketchUp while logged into Windows with a non-accented name.
But in the newer SketchUp/Ruby versions there are tools to force the string's encoding into UTF-8...

This has been tested and works most of the time.
However, as in your case, sometimes it fails.
There can be multiple reasons - the encode used by Windows itself etc - Win-1252 v. UTF-8 v. ANSI v. Unicode...

However, I'm unclear what your settings might be and what they could become...

Unfortunately you can't simply rename your User login.
Although it'll appear without the accent the path to which it refers retains its origin name - with the accent.
One work around is to make a brand new admin User in Windows named 'Sean' rather than 'Seán'.
Also make another admin user named 'Temp' - you need to use that login as you can't copy/paste files for an active user...
Then copy your entire Windows set up to that user's folders.
Then use that new login... and delete the old one later...
However, it's no simple feat...
Check here on guidance - there's a lot to copy...
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/share-tra ... ts-windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... =windows-7

Thanks for the response TIG. Your suggestion is valid but far too time consuming unfortunately. I did have earlier versions of the PluginStore working with a 2015 install of SketchUp so I was surprised that it stopped working after when I switched to 2016. If anyone has finds a more Non-invasive fix for this issue, could you please PM me!
Much appreciated.

OnlySean 

Postby TIG » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:55 pm

One trick you could try without too much effort.
Find the SketchUp installer exe you used to install v2016.
Select its icon, right-click > context-menu > Run as administrator.
In the Programs and Features Control Panel choose to 'repair' the SketchUp installation.
Run SketchUp and retry.
Perhaps you installed it as a normal user which can have unexpected side-effects...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby OnlySean » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:19 am

TIG wrote:One trick you could try without too much effort.
Find the SketchUp installer exe you used to install v2016.
Select its icon, right-click > context-menu > Run as administrator.
In the Programs and Features Control Panel choose to 'repair' the SketchUp installation.
Run SketchUp and retry.
Perhaps you installed it as a normal user which can have unexpected side-effects...

Hi TIG. I tried your tip. It didn't work unfortunately. I did rename my windows user folder and got it to work, albeit with the 'no button graphics' bug. Also, the renaming of the user folder caused a lot of trickle down issues with a ton of other applications so I ended up going back to restore point, prior to all this malarkey.

It's a real pity that a simple thing like an accent would disable the entire ExtensionStore plugin. Is this an issue with the plugin or windows' file path encoding? I haven't ran into any issues with other 3D applications and their scripts & plugins.

Should I expect a fix to the plugin anytime soon?
Thanks for your time and effort TIG.

OnlySean 

Postby TIG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:51 am

Another issue to check is the version of Internet Explorer that's used.
Although you might not use IE for day-to-day browsing SketchUp needs it to make its dialogs etc.
It should be the latest version [v11].
Also check your Windows > Control Panel > Internet Options settings...
Its Advanced > Javascript settings [also needed] should not be limited.
Its script debugging mode should be 'off'.
Its visual button styles should be 'on'.
All HTTP settings should be 'on'.
All International > Send UTF-8* settings should be 'on'.

Its Security policies should be relatively relaxed [Medium or less] etc...
And of course SketchUp and SketchUcation need to be 'trusted sites'.

Relating to that your Windows > Firewall settings should also not block or limit either of those hosts...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby victor hugo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:13 am

Hello.

How can I remove computers shown in the Bundles option? There arte computers that I no longer use.

And is the last number on the computer name the sketchup version see below?

-D98Y5Y12:15

-D98Y5Y12:8

Reason I ask is because I want to "install bundle" but there is a computer name shown twice band one has :8 and the other has :15 at the end of the name. I just want to have the current plugins and not create conflicts.

Thanks.

victor hugo 

Postby TIG » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:14 pm

I know Gábor was working on giving you this ability...
Perhaps he can adjust your bundles stored on the server.

The final number relates to the Sketchup version, so:

-D98Y5Y12:15 is those installed for v2015
-D98Y5Y12:8 is those installed for v8

You can also copy a bundle and make a custom bundle set with some removed etc...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby caecarvalho » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Hello,

I'm having a weird problem with the sketchucation store v3.0.1 in SU 2016 (only upgraded from 2015 last week). Sorry if this had been mentioned before, but I actually haven't found anything... What's happening is that the load temporarily function is not working. Every extension that is loaded using the 'load temporarily' button, ends up loaded permanently. Anyone experienced this?

caecarvalho 

Postby TIG » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:54 pm

I assume your reference is to the Plugins Manager...
A temporarily enabled/loaded Plugin should load for that session only [shown with a different colored text].
You will need to restart SketchUp for such a Plugin to become 'unloaded' again - plugins cannot be unloaded on the fly during a session...

PS: I just tested it and it works fine for me - using much the same set up as yours...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby caecarvalho » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:56 pm

TIG wrote:I assume your reference is to the Plugins Manager...
A temporarily enabled/loaded Plugin should load for that session only [shown with a different colored text].
You will need to restart SketchUp for such a Plugin to become 'unloaded' again - plugins cannot be unloaded on the fly during a session...

PS: I just tested it and it works fine for me - using much the same set up as yours...

Hello TIG,

thanks for the fast reply. I think my explanation wasn't very precise, sorry. What I meant is that when I load an extension for a session with extension menager using 'load temporarily' button, when I close this session and open SU again for a new session, the plugin is loaded, as if I had used the 'load permanently' button in the past session. That's very weird, never experienced that before with SU 2015. I use this extension a lot...

caecarvalho 

Postby TIG » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 pm

OK

So it's a SketchUcation Extension Manager issue...

Having tested it, I can confirm that in a set up similar to yours I can replicate this weirdness,
A temporarily activated extension remains activated after a restart.

I suspect it's something to do with how v2016 handles this !

I'll investigate...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:13 pm

I cannot see an immediate solution.
SketchUp v2016 seems to be broken !
You can no longer 'uncheck' an extension using the API ???
If you have 'checked' it in that session...

I am investigating...

PS:
Another way to do what you want is to set the Extension permanently active in the Extensions Manager and then note it's loader from the last line of its description.
Open the Plugins Manager and find the loader in the enabled list and disable it.
Both of these dialog can be opened at the same time.
When you restart SketchUp the Extension will not be active, it will also not show in the Extension Manager's right column.
However, if you find its loader in the Plugins Manager's right [disabled] column you can then either permanently re-enable it [green-button] or temporarily enable it for that session only [orange-button].
It will load and the extension will become active as well.
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby caecarvalho » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:48 pm

Hello TIG,

thanks again for taking your time to analize the issue. The sugestion you made works but I think easier for now to use the sketchup native loader to load and unload the extension at the same time. Since the extensions can't be unloaded on the fly, it will work until I close that session...

caecarvalho 

Postby Futurepast » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:01 am

Just re-habed my computer. I installed sketchup 2017. I installed the extension store. When I fire up Sketchup, I get this:

Error: #<SyntaxError: c:/users/futurepast/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf-rbztools.rbs:192: Invalid next>
c:/users/futurepast/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/sketchucation/scf-rbztools.rbs

The store icons come up but when I click on one, I get a header bar and nothing else. Suggestions?

Futurepast 

Re: Extension Store v3.0

Postby TIG » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:04 pm

When you say the installed the ExtensionStore toolset did you use its latest v3.0.8 RBZ - from the link below - and then install it using the latest native Extension Manager installer [which now run from under the Window menu, separated from Preferences] ?
http://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pl ... ationTools

Your error report is perplexing - the Ruby file which generated the error does not include anything about 'next' at line#192 - in fact it says 'ensure' ???
Can I suggest you find the SketchUcation.RB file and its subfolder [both named 'SketchUcation'] and remove then - you will find them in your user's Plugins folder at c:/users/futurepast/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins - it is hidden by default, so you might need to open it using the full path above...
Then reinstall the latest RBZ version again, test and report back...

Another possibility is that you might not have installed SketchUp 2017 correctly - this can cause weird errors - especially with WIN v2017...
Note that usually you do not need to reinstall it totally, but rather you can 'Repair' it.
Find the original SketchUp 2017 installer exe file [probably in your Downloads folder ?] and select its icon, right-click > context-menu > "Run as administrator".
Accept the 'Repair' and it should then fix such issues...
Simply having admin-powers is not the same as installing it in this approved fashion...
When it's completed its repair, please launch SketchUp and retest the extension - perhaps reinstalling that if necessary...

Please report back...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Re: Extension Store v3.0

Postby Futurepast » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:20 pm

Well that worked!!!I downloaded to desk top. But it also showed another RBZ in another file. I must have installed that one by mistake!

Futurepast 

Re: Extension Store v3.0.0

Postby Hiten » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:50 am

TIG wrote:OK, I've looked into this a bit more... :o
I think I have a fix which should allow v3.0 to load error-free and then work on earlier SketchUp versions, like v8 [and probably v2013] - the newer versions should be OK already...
Please take the attached file [SCF_loader.rb] and replace the equivalent file in the:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google SketchUp 8\Plugins\SketchUcation
folder.
Restart SketchUp and see if the error messages have ceased and the SketchUcation Toolset v3.0 work OK.

We need feedback from earlier version users, to be sure this fix is robust...

If this change works we can consider a formal update in due course...

Thanks a ton! You are a life-saver!!
It works like a charm.
:)

Hiten 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Developers' Forum