Edson, sorry for the late response. I missed you question.
My workflow in doing residential landscape design relies quite heavily on the Cadplant.com library of plants. It's one of the only sketchup friendly libraries that contains the variety and specific representation of the plants I use in my landscape designs.
When I first received the libraries, I was very disappointed. First, they were all .tga images, which I had the manufacturer correct to .png. Then they were all components, but none were made to face the camera, which is why the need for this plugin. The other major issue was the quantity of plants and the fact that they were numbered .skp files and not named. It made a quick search for plants impossible, as you have to reference an excel spreadsheet or .pdf file catalog to find the plant you want and cross reference it's number, then look it up by number to add it to your scene. With over 5000 plants spread over multiple collections, this was pure tedium. I needed a search tool.
I found the search tool in RPTools to fit the bill. (Same search tool is available for free in the "Project Sketch" plugin) But, in order to effectively use the search tool, I would need to rename all the plants to include both their common and botanical names, so I could more easily access them via search. I did this with a program I found called Advanced Renamer, found here - http://aren.hulubulu.net
. I made this video showing a step by step of the renaming process - http://screencast.com/t/WSVVzstKK
Once the plants are renamed and the search tool and "layer face camera" plugin installed, then it's just a matter of searching, selecting and placing all of the plants. Assigning them to a unique layer, then running the plugin. This workflow has been very fast and efficient and has turned sketchup into a quick and easy planting design tool.
Here's an old video I made to demonstrate placing the plants and using the plugin. (It's very laggy, but the idea is there) - http://www.screencast.com/t/Axlo8LF2Ak
Again, this is a workflow that would be of most benefit to someone in the residential landscape design market. In my opinion, 3D plants are always going to add more realism and work much better for an architects who wants to just add some non-specified greenery. But for me, by utilizing this huge library, I can actually represent the plants in a design, that I am going to buy from a nursery, physically dig a hole for and plant in the ground.
(I should also mention that there seems to be an issue between the RPTools Component Browser and SU8. I'm still waiting on a fix from Al & Rich, so the workflow now means modeling in SU8 & adding the plants in SU7. Hopefully resolution will come quickly.)