- SketchUp API Blog
- Google SketchUp API Home (Google Code)
- Google SketchUp Developers Group (Google Groups)
- Google SketchUp API Documentation (Reference)
Ruby Operator Precedence
The reserved words and, or and not have a lower precedence than &&, || and !. The tricky part is that their precedence is lower than the assignment operator = .
a = false or true evalualtes to (a = false) or true.
You probably meant one of:
a = (false or true)
a = false || true
Avoid using the typename method
In this discussion, user AlexMozg presents evidence that avoiding the object.typename can give your script a considerable performance increase.
Instead, use object.is_a? Class::Type.
He also says in a model that is less than 10 MB, there may not be a substantial increase, but for very large models the speed increase is considerable.
- Code: Select all
And in my case the location to install plugins is C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins
Links to important and notable Dev Forum posts past and present. Let me know if there is a topic that should be included here.
- Building Ruby C Extensions compatible with SketchUp
- Set.insert vs array << x unless array.include?(x)
- How to enable thumbnail preview (windows)
- Google SketchUp Ruby API - What's New in SketchUp 7.1
- WebDialogs - The Lost Manual -- thomthom (Nov 2009)
- Report Ruby Bugs and Documentation issues in this thread. The SketchUp developers are aware of, and read it.
- [Code] Real UV from UVHelper data - thomthom (Oct 2009)
- State of Observers — 19 July 2009
- [Code] UnicodeEx - Sketchup + Character Encoding (thomthom)
- SketchUp RUBY API Wishlist (way of coding wishes, please)
- WebDialogs: How to Hide the Scrollbars
- SketchUp-Ruby Resources
- Must Have Ruby Plugins - Visual Index
- < SCF Toolbars Authors >
- Collaborative Effort - Ruby Template, RDoc, and Localization
- Word of warning to developers
- Ruby Forum Code Search
SketchUp & Ruby Development Discussions
- Rick's Words of Warning - Important points to remember for writing plugins.
- How do you make plug-ins for sketchup
- What is needed to script?
- ruby dev environment
- Creating an API
- $ versus @
- Manipulating the InputPoint
Ruby Editor Suggestions
- ConTEXT Editor w/Ruby Highlighting
- Notepad++ editor
- Notepad++ AutoComplete files
- EditPlus editor
- Smustard(TM) - the Companion to Sketchup(TM)
- Ruby Library Depot Here are the contributions of the Ruby developers of the SketchUp community since 2004.
- Jan Sandström (Pixero)
- Soap Skin & Bubble
- Mario Pehle (azuby) under Software
- Accustudio File Repository - appears to mirror the Ruby Library Depot.
- SketchUp Plugins Blog