Changing desktop icon colour

General discussion related to SketchUp Pro and Make

Changing desktop icon colour

Postby applemango85 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Hi

Probably like a lot of you I have a lot of versions of sketchup pro on my computer where it’s individual serial/licence details means they all still work

A few days ago I came across an old post where something (using a Mac I think) has changed the colour of each of his desktop sketchup icons so he could easily tell the difference

I’d love to do this colour coding myself but for the life of me can’t find this post again

Can anyone help

Thanks

applemango85 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Changing desktop icon colour

Postby HornOxx » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi - not exactly the answer to your question or not sure if I have translated your question correctly ;) but it is quite easy to edit icons in any image editor.
The example in the screenshot below shows icons which are very important for me - so I changed these backgrounds to a "poisonous" green which I do for all icons I want to recognize quickly...
never trust a skinny cook
HornOxx 

Postby applemango85 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Not quite what I was looking for

The sketchup icon is that red cube - this poster had managed to change the colour of the icon different colours so sketchup 19 had a blue desktop icon, 18 a purple icon and so on and so forth

Thank you for taking the time with your suggestion though

applemango85 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby HornOxx » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:14 am

:D finally got it ;-) - so for ecample IcoFX (the last free version) does a pretty good job for all types and sizes of icons.https://www.techsupportalert.com/best-f ... placer.htm
never trust a skinny cook
HornOxx 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to SketchUp Pro & Make Discussions