SU 2019.2 released

General discussion related to SketchUp Pro and Make

Re: SU 2019.2 released

Postby GD3Design » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:09 pm

+1 for pissed off about 'subscription only' new features. Of course there are costs associated....that's why I pay my yearly 'upgrade, maintenance & support' fee. We all know where this is going...
GD3Design 

Postby Pixero » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:20 pm

ntxdave wrote:Probably a dumb question but when I check for an update in SketchUp (I am running Pro with a Classic license) it says I am up to date but I still have 19.1.17. Why does it I am up to date?

I also have not received any emails about the new release.

BTW: I just checked my email and I received the email about the updated license last year on July 16. Have not received anything this year.

If I download this version, does it require a license update if I try to install it?

Maybe this one?
https://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/oob-terrain
$9 right now.
Pixero 

Postby juju » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:26 pm

Derek Edison wrote:I haven't seen the in-app check work since version 2017. 2018 still reports it's the current version.

Every major version (ie. 2017 / 2018 / 2019) will only check it's major release version, it doesn't check for other major release versions.
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ntxdave » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:35 pm

Again, for these interim releases, will my current license info work?

Have other Classic users received an email? If so, I wonder why I have not received anything.
ntxdave 

Postby Glenn at home » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:59 pm

ntxdave wrote:Again, for these interim releases, will my current license info work?

Have other Classic users received an email? If so, I wonder why I have not received anything.

I received the normal "New features" e-mail but saying that I needed to update. I went ahead and downloaded.
SketchUp Pro 2019
Dell Precision 3630
Intel i7-8700
32 GB Ram
512 M.2 PCIe SSD
Nvidia RTX 2080

Glenn at home 

Postby pbacot » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:03 pm

ntxdave wrote:Again, for these interim releases, will my current license info work?

I think that's the point of the maintenance fee. You get support and updates for the year thereafter. I don't think it would require a new license, but I haven't bothered to download any updates for 2019 so far. I got an email. I think they stagger them so everyone doesn't try to download at once.
MacOSX Mojave ShetchUp Pro v19 Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Derek Edison » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:07 pm

2019.2 just installs over the top of earlier 2019 versions. My 2019 SN and authorization code works.

Derek Edison 

Postby ken » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:53 pm

2019 question

Is there going to be an error/problem thread for this version?

I have noticed that the selection click is not as fast as it was with the first 2019 version. Sometimes it takes 3 or more clicks to make a selection. This is occurring inconsistently on lines, groups, and components.

Also, some lines on groups/components are exhibiting the same color as the group/component. Its as if the line color is set to "by material". And not all the lines of a group/component, just some.

Remove mention of sandbox, operator error.
Last edited by ken on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.
ken 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Glenn at home » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:45 pm

ken wrote:2019 question

Is there going to be an error/problem thread for this version?

I have noticed that the selection click is not as fast as it was with the first 2019 version. Sometimes it takes 3 or more clicks to make a selection. This is occurring inconsistently on lines, groups, and components.

I've noticed that my selection click "drops" (lack of a better term) after certain procedures after this update as well. I am having to press the selection shortcut key or the icon to re-activate it.
SketchUp Pro 2019
Dell Precision 3630
Intel i7-8700
32 GB Ram
512 M.2 PCIe SSD
Nvidia RTX 2080

Glenn at home 

Postby ntxdave » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:57 pm

Well I just updated to R2 and so far I have not seen any performance problems. :thumb:
ntxdave 

Postby sketch3d.de » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:12 am

Derek Edison wrote:I haven't seen the in-app check work since version 2017. 2018 still reports it's the current version.

th in-app check does work for point releases of the concerning major version only, not for new major releases. Which is helpful especially if maintenance lapsed and license data for a new major release is not available sothat upgrading would lead to a non-working version.
sketch3d.de 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to SketchUp Pro & Make Discussions