9 posts • Page 1 of 1
I'm used to make my model in Sketchup than send it to layout organizing (in scale) plans, sections and elevations using the saved scenes of my SU file.
That's the way I think everyone uses SU+LO. Than I import some jpgs that are simply rendered images of my model.
I try to export to PDF keeping the raster set for all my viewports.
Almost every time my jpegs in the exported file are missing.
I know that there is a trick consisting in copying and pasting everything in a blank document. It works, yes!
But it's a real pain doing it more than one time during the entire design process. I mean, this trouble can happen accidentally even if I work in the trick created new document. For obtaining one correct exported PDF sometimes I have to copy and paste to 3 or more new subsequent files.
Can that be fixed in future?
Win XP sp3
Last up to date versions of SU and LO
Adobe Professional 9 Pro Extended
I've seen this happen with very large bitmaps.
How big are the bitmaps you are using?
LO handles large rendered SU models because
it knows how to render them at lower res during editing
and then tiles the full-res render to PDF during export.
LO does not down sample large bitmaps during editing and
doesn't tile inserted bitmaps, which causes it to run out
The biggest I used were 1600x900 pixels..
Big, yes, but not so much
If you can send me an example file that shows the problem we can take a look.
Here you go
Please, register (free) to access all the attachments on the forums.
Thanks for posting an example. I logged a bug and we'll be taking a look.
I opened your pngs with windows paint and resaved them as
pngs and jpgs and they still don't export. I also inserted
some random jpgs and pngs on the same page and they work
just fine. I don't know what's different about your pngs that
you have. They display fine in paint/explorer/other viewers...
I did successfully PDF export the file on a Mac. Interesting - it does list a Color Sync profile of "Dot Gain 15%", so I deleted the Color Sync profile on my Mac using sips, and retried the export. That worked. Jeff and I will talk about this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Hm... Barry and Jeff, here is another post about the same colour profile issue (although the calibration was different there). I even reported it about 2 months ago...
9 posts • Page 1 of 1