LAYOUT Line dashes and arrows

Got an idea to improve LayOut?

LAYOUT Line dashes and arrows

Postby pbacot » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:45 pm

More options or ways to create arrows for text and dimensions would be nice. The current ones don't go with any style I use. The ability to create heavy arrow strokes, independent of line weight would be great.

The dashes are mostly unusable. Why are the dashes linked to line weight? I can't get anything resembling the dashes I typically use in CAD, dashes that provide a reasonable image. The very many patterns provided are not nice even if they did work with heavier line weights.

I realize the true rendering of dashes is a convoluted task, but it's something that LayOut needs. Dashes should be solid at intersections (points on a polygon), they need to be cosistent though fit to the line length.
MacOSX Mojave ShetchUp Pro v19 Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Re: LAYOUT Line dashes and arrows

Postby utiler » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:56 am

+1
purpose/expression/purpose/....
utiler 
Top SketchUcator

Postby JQL » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:09 am

Adding to that that dashes and other line styles should also display as they are printed. They change scale when zooming.
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby utiler » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:33 pm

+1!!!!
purpose/expression/purpose/....
utiler 
Top SketchUcator

Postby baz » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:54 am

JQL wrote:Adding to that that dashes and other line styles should also display as they are printed. They change scale when zooming.

:thumb:
Also, I hate that my carefully chosen Typeface appears bolder when printed to PDF.
I am both an early bird and a night owl, I am some form of permanently energized dragon.
baz 

Postby JQL » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:17 pm

baz wrote:Also, I hate that my carefully chosen Typeface appears bolder when printed to PDF.

I've never noticed that, but I only use 2 "carefully chosen Typefaces" in Layout.

Let's not talk about text here though! There's so much to say about that too! :D
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pbacot » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:23 pm

I think we may be seeing some effects that will be different on different platforms or computers. I don't see quite the same things others are mentioning but the way the line dashes cannot be adjusted, depending on the line thickness, seems universal. Draw a rectangle and try to give it some thickness and a dash, and it doesn't look like anything but some random short lines.
Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 7.28.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 7.27.08 AM.png
MacOSX Mojave ShetchUp Pro v19 Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby JQL » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Capturar.JPG

1. When this happens you clearly know something is wrong and needs fixing. This is bad.
  2. However when this happens, people don't notice the tiny deviation and look at the error like it's correct. Much worse imho.
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to LayOut Feature Requests