Custom Toolbars

Got an idea to improve SketchUp?

Custom Toolbars

Postby SchreiberBike » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:34 pm

I'm using key shortcuts for probably 90% of my tool selection etc., but there are some things which I use only every once in a while.

For example, if I want to make a regular polygon, I can either go to Draw/Polygon or I can keep the toolbar block for polygon open which also includes four other buttons which I don't need because I have shortcuts set for them and one which I've never used. I could set up more shortcuts, but my memory (brain) is limited as to what I can remember.

It would be nice if I could have just that one button available.

The same applies to toolbars for rubies. Some have long toolbars, but I only use one or two buttons on them regularly.

SchreiberBike 

Re: Custom Toolbars

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:42 pm

There is one called TrimBar out there written by alz. I have it on my disk, but I can't find it online.
Hi

Jim 
Global Moderator

Postby watkins » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:55 am

What about a flyout button, with the flyout activated after a two second delay. The tool displayed would be the tool last used, facilitating repeat use. In this way the tool most used would be visible and instantly available, but all the other tools there and easy to get at.

This would be a nice way to tidy up the tool bars as many rubies now come with several icons.

Regards,
Bob

watkins 

Postby Gaieus » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:26 am

As for toolbars, a customizable width of the toolsets would be handy say with two or three (or any custom number) shown - with customizable order of course - and the rest of the toolbar could be loaded from a dropdown of the "rest" of the toolbar.

Or whatever. these toolsets often get rambled up (on Windows).
Gaieus 

Postby Jim » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:04 am

I'm nearing completion of a user-defined toolbar plugin. I have most of the default toolbar buttons replicated.

A toolbar is defined using a text file:
Code: Select all
# My Toolbar.txt
new
open
save
---
pencil
rectangle
circle
Hi

Jim 
Global Moderator

Postby alz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:45 pm

Can't wait to see the final version!

alz 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby remus » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:20 pm

is this that 'fix' you spoke of jim? looks like a damm good fix to me *waits patiently*

remus 

Postby SchreiberBike » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Jim that's terrific. Can't wait to see the product.

SchreiberBike 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to SketchUp Feature Requests