Color by Layer Paint bucket

Got an idea to improve SketchUp?

Color by Layer Paint bucket

Postby TommyK » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:13 am

I use Layers a lot. It's not difficult assigning/adding a layer through the entity info window, but sometimes, I wish I could apply layers with the same ease of applying colours with the paint bucket tool.

I noticed today that when in the 'Color by Layer' mode, when you select the paint bucket tool, the view goes back to normal textured mode. Wouldn't it be so much more useful if you could "paint" with layers in the 'Color by Layer' view? "Layer picker" would be used primarily, but you could pick the layer by selecting the layer name in the layer palette. You would use the existing paint bucket tool, which has a different function in the Color by Layer view.

I think it is the missing feature for layers, and would improve my productivity. As I move more into BIM, the number of layers I use on my projects has exploded, and this feature would help to keep it more manageable. What is more, it doesn't require adding an extra tool to the tools palette. If this feature is implemented, it would feel like one of those things that has always been there.
color by layer.png
TommyK 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: Color by Layer Paint bucket

Postby DOD3R » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:35 am

brilliant idea, I would like that as well.
I can see this tool similar to autocad's match properties.

D.

DOD3R 

Re: Color by Layer Paint bucket

Postby cotty » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:54 am

nice idea

+1
cotty 
Top SketchUcator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot